Railroad Forums 

• Fitchburg line refurbishment

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

#1628614  by rustyrails

I was up there and happened to catch the 1:25pm come into Wachusett station. It caught me off guard, because it came in from the west. I was looking for it to come from the east. It sat at the station for about 10 minutes.
 #1631338  by GaryAF

Lincoln (MA) station between 2:45 pm and
3:05 pm

Odd "consist" headed out on the inbound track
at Lincoln (MA) station. White pickup led,
followed by 2 excavators and 1 crane, all
on rails!!

I was on the lane into Lincoln Meadows, so
I could not get a pic through the trees.
When I got onto the footbridge, I
could see them stopped a ways up
the line, waiting on a stop signal
(3 red lights).

I caught up to them by following a trail,
but I was up on a high ridge, again with
trees blocking my sight.

By the time I got back to the footbridge,
they were heading out.

I have never seen construction vehicles
on steel wheels running on rails before!!

Gary
 #1631361  by wicked

I always wanted to ride in one of the pickups that also rode the rails. Never knew anyone who knew anyone, etc.
 #1631381  by CSRR573

wicked wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 8:32 pm I always wanted to ride in one of the pickups that also rode the rails. Never knew anyone who knew anyone, etc.
Its a pretty weird experience the first time. looking out the hood of a truck and not touching the steering wheel while driving is a different feeling
 #1631455  by charlesriverbranch

My girlfriend and I got to ride one of those on the Belfast and Moosehead Lake Railroad last year during the Common Ground Fair when one of their shuttle trains broke down, and they were using hi-railers to take people back to the parking lot.