Railroad Forums 

• First foreign business train for D.N.C.

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

#35688  by Noel Weaver

Impressive looking train, the platform does not look very impressive but
the train does.
Noel Weaver

#35691  by CP169

I'll bet a lot of those cars are from the Roanoke NRHS.

#35715  by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

is the buisness train just going to stay at North Station the whole time, or will it go to the yard until the convention?

#35900  by charlie6017

Is that one of the SD70ACe's? I did'nt think NS was ordering any of those seeing as they seem to only order GE power...........

#35982  by CSX Conductor

F40, not sure.......I believe the trains (UP and NS, as well as the BNSF cars that come in Thursday night on rear of Amtrak 448) will be parked at North Station after the station is closed to the public......just a hunch.......because not enough room during normal operations at North Station. and at same time, not enough room at Beacon Park Yard, unless they put all office cars on one track..

will let ya know as soon as I hear anything.

#36056  by johnpbarlow

So will these same private cars journey to NYP for the Republican Convention in August? If so, would they go down the Shoreline?

#36159  by Robert Paniagua

Yeah maybe, if they do go to NYC for August, they may go through the main Amtrak NEC thru RI, and upper CT, along New London and Old Saybrook to NYP.

I don't know for sure if that train will be recycled for the GOP's Convention though.
 #36338  by Noel Weaver

Question is "are all of the cars in this train OK for operation through the
New York tunnels and into Penn Station"?
Second point, I'll bet the freight railroads do not delay their or other freight railroad's office car trains the way they delay Amtrak trains.
Noel Weaver

#36426  by octr202

Does anyone know when this train will be moving from Beacon Park over to, presumably, BET (Boston Engine Terminal) prior to being spotted at North Station?

Also, who's move will it be to North Station -- CSXT or MBCR?
 #36952  by fglk

Hay all I thought that I would share this tid bit of info the BNSF Business Cars were spotted passing threw Weedsport, NY at 1:30p.m. on July 22, 2004 on Amtrak 48. There were about 6 cars in all. Axle count was 100 even 2 Amtrak Engions the normal cars found on 48 with the 6 BNSF cars and 2 or 3 road railers on the end. Speed was peged at 79m.p.h.

#37161  by CSX Conductor

Octr, a CSX crew was called for 2200 hours tonight (thursday 7/22) @ Beacon Park, to move the train out of Beacon Park Yard...........not sure but it was probably headed for BET or North Station because if it was just going to the Grand JCt, one of the Beacon Park Yard jobs would have moved it.

#37241  by Stephen

BOTH the NS and BNSF business trains were parked behind the BET this morning.
So I guess BNSF didn't send any power... How did the BNSF train get over to the North side, Amtrak, the T or CSX?
Did anyone get any pictures?
Dave, do you know when they will be pushed into North Station? I'd like to get pictures from the Gilmore bridge.
Thanks,
Stephen

#37292  by octr202

Thanks for the update CSX.

I would loved to have seen the NS Train move over the Grand Junction branch, but wasn't going to stay at the office in Cambridge till 11:00!

Does anyone know if the NS SD70, and/or the BNSF Business cars mad the move with the NS OCS? I drove by BET on I93 today and saw the cars but couldn't get a real good look.

I would guess the cars would be spotted at North Station tonight after the station closes at 8:00 PM.