Railroad Forums 

• F40PH-3C overhaul program

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

#1466850  by Bramdeisroberts

Mbtagp40mc wrote:Still have the rendering?
Here it is:

And I agree, the giant T is too big on the HSP's, while the T on the lightning stripe design is so small that it looks like an afterthought. That said, it's a piece of graphic design that scales well and I'd rather see it too big than too small, as there's at least precedent with the size of the logo on more recent stations like the Southwest Corridor and the Red Line extensions. Too bad they can't find that goldilocks zone for it, though.
 #1466887  by nomis

And yet, the people have voted for the big T on the HSP. :-)
 #1471718  by Mbtagp40mc

Anyone have updates on where in the rebuilding process these are? The first locomotive was scheduled to be back in March. I wonder if the units were in worse shape than originally thought.
 #1473603  by chrisf

I heard a passing mention in today's FMCB meeting that these engines aren't due to return until October. That date seems pretty ridiculously slow to me, but in the absence of other information, I guess that's what we have to go with.
 #1491267  by CRail

It’s not that surprising, they’ve been repainted before.