Railroad Forums 

• Ex-Erie coach?

• Discussion pertaining to the past and present operations of the LAL, the WNYP, and the B&H. Official site: LALRR.COM.
Discussion pertaining to the past and present operations of the LAL, the WNYP, and the B&H. Official site: LALRR.COM.

Moderator: Luther Brefo

#420958  by lvrr325

I understood that a couple years ago that the LA&L had bought, or perhaps one of the principals privately bought, the former Erie modernized coach that sat derelict at the NYS&W Utica shops. The car was rough and rusty and would have needed to be shipped on a flatcar (it was so bad when I observed it one set of steps had fallen right off it). Seems like it had friction bearings, too.

Anyone know if that car has ever arrived? I'll probably peek behind Utica Shop one of these days since I go through there every so often. Seems as though it wasn't a high priority move, so it would be done when they got to it.

Car in question would be black with a silver roof, no windows left, and painted over D&M lettering on the sides.

I did look through the board to see if there was an old thread, but nothing jumped out at me. Perhaps I was told wrong, too.
 #485391  by PassRailSavesFuel

:( The 1070 was still sitting at the NYS&W shops at UCA then I went by in Nov on the "Lake for Sure Limited". What's going to happen to my old friend? I remember riding this car Cleveland to Youngstown,Ohio on train 28 what was left of the Cleveland Lake Cities Express.