Railroad Forums 

• EMD SD70ACe series official thread (covers all variations)

• Discussion of Electro-Motive locomotive products and technology, past and present. Official web site can be found here: http://www.emdiesels.com/.
Discussion of Electro-Motive locomotive products and technology, past and present. Official web site can be found here: http://www.emdiesels.com/.

Moderator: GOLDEN-ARM

#108631  by MR77100

Has any other railroad officially purchased the SD70ace? I know CSX has several running around in their paint, but do they own them? What about UP or BNSF?

#108632  by MEC407

UP is purchasing the SD70ACe, as is Montana Rail Link. I haven't heard anything about BNSF. Come to think of it, when was the last time BNSF bought anything from EMD? Seems like it's been nothing but GE for a while.

#108724  by Avro Arrow

MEC407 wrote:Come to think of it, when was the last time BNSF bought anything from EMD? Seems like it's been nothing but GE for a while.
Hopefully it will stay that way

#108964  by MEC407

Avro Arrow wrote:
MEC407 wrote:Come to think of it, when was the last time BNSF bought anything from EMD? Seems like it's been nothing but GE for a while.
Hopefully it will stay that way
Meh... some of us like variety. :P

#249430  by Milwaukee_F40C

Look's sharp, nice to see something different. This thing might even make it's way through Chicago on it's way to Mexico? Seems possible.

#249848  by MEC407

The sharp geometric shapes and lines of that paint scheme are well suited to the sharp shapes and lines of that locomotive.

#254053  by trainiac

The sharp geometric shapes and lines of that paint scheme are well suited to the sharp shapes and lines of that locomotive.
Indeed! When I first saw the EMD demo SD70ACe's 2 years ago (specifically, EMDX 70 with the light underframe--not to mention the cut-away side sill under the cab) I wondered whether any paint scheme would look pretty on these units. The FXE paint makes them look really good!

#254080  by jmp883

Would love to see them done in either the EL gray/yellow/maroon or the D&H lightning stripe scheme!

#254087  by Steve F45

jmp883 wrote:Would love to see them done in either the EL gray/yellow/maroon or the D&H lightning stripe scheme!

or susie q
 #269916  by rhemler

Can someone please tell me the fuel tank size for a SD70ACE I did some searchs without any luck Thanks in advance

#269940  by GOLDEN-ARM

The ones out here, have a 4900 gallon capacity, if that's what you are looking for............ :-D

my bad, typo....... :(
Last edited by GOLDEN-ARM on Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#269979  by trainiac

According to the EMD website, the SD70M-2 and SD70ACe fuel capacity is 4,900 gallons. The fuel tank is also about 25 feet long :-D

#269982  by rhemler

Thanks I did look on the EMD website and I didn't see it anyway thanks for the info