• Dover & Delaware River RR

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by oibu

AceMacSD wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 7:50 pm
Bracdude181 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 7:09 pm RP-1 runs Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from Rockport to Phillipsburg and back for the NS exchange, working customers along the way.

RP-2 does literally everything else now. The run down NJT to Lake Junction, the branch lines out of Lake Junction, the Rockaway Branch, and Totowa. This train runs Tuesday and Thursday but it seems whatever they is at complete random. No clue when they do Totowa anymore…
Runs as needed.
Holy Cow, hadn't realized things had gotten THAT bad. Thought the branches were a seprate job and the frequency of both directions out of Rockport was higher too. HArd to imagine when even at the end of CR it was 5x a week with 3 CR jobs, the trains were an order of magnitude larger (the couple times I've seen them east of Rockport it's been 2-5 cars, even at the end of CR it would have been 25-35 on average and running about 2x as often as well) and M&E handled all the branches.. Really sad.
  by Bracdude181

A lot of business has left over the years. A slight increase in customers under the C&D but it’s still nowhere near how it was before. DRRV had separate trains that did the branches except Totowa but they were all abolished a few years ago. Seems like RP-2 only goes to Lake Junction if they have cars for them and from what I hear it’s not really that often that they run down there.
  by JohnFromJersey

Not surprised. NJ is not very business-friendly, especially up north, where I'd imagine the cost of property + the taxes on it is absurd, more so than down here in our neck of the woods.

Up by where DDRRR is, you're not terribly far from PA - it's a considerably cheaper to operate there, and you're still within the marketplace of where you would operate in NJ.

Let's forget the customer, I forgot their name, that left the FIT a year ago to move to another state...
  by Bracdude181

Cary Moldings. They were purchased by another company who moved them to the Midwest.
  by R36 Combine Coach

Bracdude181 wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 5:03 pm A lot of business has left over the years. A slight increase in customers under the C&D but it’s still nowhere near how it was before.
The county owned branches still have decent customers. Not too long ago (2008-2013), the High Bridge Branch was dead, with no service south of U.S. 46 at Kenvil. Rockaway has three plastic manufacturers.
  by AceMacSD

There's enough work out there to keep our crews working and the customers happy.
  by Bracdude181

What's up with RP2 using NJT 4302 yesterday?
  by bk77

Bracdude181 wrote:What's up with RP2 using NJT 4302 yesterday?
C&D was able to use waivers to run on NJT being their locos do not have functioning PTC. They will be leasing the 4302 as there are no more waivers as of Jan. 1st 2024. All locomotives leading trains on NJT will now need to have functioning PTC. The SRNJ is also leasing an MP20 to run on the Atlantic City line for the same reason.
  by Bracdude181

No functioning PTC???? But the four GP38s they got have the sensor box underneath the frame on the front for it? WTF

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

by Bracdude181

Speaking of 4302 here's a picture of it on RP2Image

by Bracdude181

PTC installation?Image

by brwfan

Hey that's my pic. Yes. We'll being evaluated for ptc installation.
  by brwfan

20240110_145804.jpg
Both were in there.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
  by Bracdude181

Curious if they'll do it to all their gp38s or just those two.
  by Dogbert666

...a little surprised this work wasn't done far ahead of the deadline. M&E seems like they're in the same boat with new power yet using an NJT unit?