• Double Deck Passenger Cars

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

by CSX Conductor

They do look good as a solid set, huh? I still haven't seen a solid set pulled by a Gp yet....just F40's

by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

i saw the another set again today, twice, once as MBTA train 2807 and as the 12:00 am Attleboro arrival (28**) it was engine 1029 and 7 dobules, i took a pic in the excellent weather today, i will post next weekend

by railfan101

There are some rumors going around that some Bilevels will be put into north side service :P :P :P :P :P

Keep your fingers crossed :wink:

by Diverging Route

railfan101 wrote:There are some rumors going around that some Bilevels will be put into north side service :P :P :P :P :P

Keep your fingers crossed :wink:
The word I got from a north side engineer is that trains 308/333 (Lowell) need additional capacity. So beginning some time next week, the set will either be 8 singles, or have a mix of singles and bilevels.

by Robert Paniagua

I had 926 this past week on the Canton Jct/Route 128 trains. Looks like the new KAW's are going beyond the Old Colony Lines.

by railfan101

Robert Paniagua wrote:I had 926 this past week on the Canton Jct/Route 128 trains. Looks like the new KAW's are going beyond the Old Colony Lines.

They seem to be in use on all of the southside lines

by Diverging Route

railfan101 wrote:
Robert Paniagua wrote:I had 926 this past week on the Canton Jct/Route 128 trains. Looks like the new KAW's are going beyond the Old Colony Lines.

They seem to be in use on all of the southside lines
Yes, I've ridden them on the Franklin, Worcester, Providence, and Needham lines ever since 917 (the first non-electric door car) was accepted. Remember that sets roam all lines, with even some "electric door sets" being used on other than Old Colony lines on occasion.

by railfan101

Does anyone have any news if any of the K cars have made the move to the North side?

by Diverging Route

I rode 308 on the Lowell Line this morning. It was its usual 7-car flat set.

Perhaps they're waiting for the last five cars to be accepted (has anyone seen 928-931 recently?). As far as I know, the last car, 932, has yet to arrive on the property.

by AznSumtinSumtin

Another MBTA bi-level is heading eastbound. As of now, its still in New York. I expect it to reach Boston by tomorrow.

by Diverging Route

AznSumtinSumtin wrote:Another MBTA bi-level is heading eastbound. As of now, its still in New York. I expect it to reach Boston by tomorrow.
Then that would be 932, the last car of the order! (Has anyone seen if 928-931 have been placed in service yet?)

by DutchRailnut

The car is not in New York , but comes from Kawasaki plant in Lincoln Nebraska

by Guilford Guy

Dutch Railnut
I was in Fairport and the Eastbound run with four locos
at the end of teh CSX manifest was MBTA 932
Fairport is outside rochester NY

by DutchRailnut

ok so its enroute from Nebraska , I thought you ment Kawasaki in Yonkers.

by CSX Conductor

Of course the CSXT computers show the 932 still in Council Bluffs,IA on the UP. :P