Railroad Forums 

• Did they make it to Rochester on 2/16/07?

• Discussion pertaining to the past and present operations of the LAL, the WNYP, and the B&H. Official site: LALRR.COM.
Discussion pertaining to the past and present operations of the LAL, the WNYP, and the B&H. Official site: LALRR.COM.

Moderator: Luther Brefo

#362861  by railwatcher

Did the Northbound not make it to Genesee Junction on Thursday 2/15? I saw them in Avon around 9:30am doing the Avon yard duties and then headed north myself. When I returned home around 7pm last night I noticed that the snow hadnt been moved around the crossing on the LAL tracks at the Scottsville Road crossing. There had been activity at the East River Crossing in Henrietta. Didnt they make it?

This morning, 2/16, the engines were running light northbound, where is the balance of the train, if they didnt get to the junction?

#362899  by Mike Walsh

I drove by the crossing last night, and noticed that the south end of the crossing was not plowed (either that, or recent plowing by street crews had piled it back up).. but the north end was definitely cleared as if a train had gone through. I think they went to the Junction yesterday... there were definite grooves where the rails are, so I think it's safe to say yes.

#363219  by railfan87

I drove by on Scottsville Road around 10:30am and saw the LAL headlights down in the Junction

#363320  by railwatcher

2/17 I went up around 1:00pm and saw a string of cars, maybe 20 sitting behind Southtowns Plaza, the Lehigh line that heads towards the Matthew & Fields, Lehigh St. location. The engines were working the yard at Genesee Junction and pulled out headed south with 33 cars at around 1:30pm. The must have collected those cars for the southbound train or returned those cars to Genesee Junction. If they took it south, it was a big train. Engines were #425 and #432 in respective order.