Railroad Forums 

• Current traffic on the old Shawmut questions?

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Pennsylvania
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Pennsylvania

Moderator: bwparker1

#1395074  by jaash5

Hi everyone,

Looking for info on traffic on the old Shawmut Line. I know its now part of the BPRR, but I wanted to see what movements were happening on the line. Not sure if its the same as in the early to mid 90s when it was still and independent railroad. This is a piece of railroading history that I never ave really experienced. Is there much of anything left on the line? I know the Shawmut ran some pretty hefty trains back say 20 yrs ago now. Is the line still intact that BPRR took over in 95?
 #1395732  by EMTRailfan

It has been a while since I have been up with ops on the BPRR. I can tell you that the line is removed between Mosgrove and Brookville. From Brookville to Falls Creek is primarily used to get equip. to/from Bville to the shop and for car storage on the sidings. The diamond at FC was removed years ago, and the Bville line is accessed by the connector at the north end of the yard. Dubois to Driftwood is accessed from within the yard on a separate connector. Like I said, I'm not too up on traffic patterns anymore, but I'm pretty sure that trains are worked on each end at least a handful of times/week as well as Dubois and Kittanning locals working customers.