• CSX Hiring Process

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

by frank68

d0c69 wrote:Has anyone applied for conductor in Philly? I applied back in the beginning of Nov and my status still reads application pending review.
I applied back in November too but for Selkirk N.Y. and my status also reads pending review and posting deadline moved up so I have been told we just have to wait and be patient...No news is good news for now I have also been told, I guess? Happy New Years to you and everyone else !!!
  by matawanaberdeen

I applied for Conductor the last time I saw them hiring in my area but I didn't see the tests at the end and of coarse wasn't selected. Now they are hiring again and I took the tests. My status says as it did before "not selected". Does that stay like that or does it change all the time? Should it read "under review" again at some point? Just trying to figure out how the status thing works. Thanks
  by CSXOhio2011

I was glad to log in and see that I wasn't the only one not hearing back. I was also working with Wanda and hoping to hear something soon. I was trying to hold out and not call and now that I know she is on vacation I won't call and bother her. Is there anyone else who is going to be working out of the Marysville Ohio yard? Just wondering if there will be anyone there I know? I am guessing that at this point I would be going to the January 31 class but don't know.
  by d0c69

I applied took test at the end and ever since I submitted my status read the same "pending review" so sorry I have no idea what yours means. I know the Philly job was posted for like a week. The morning it was posted (5AM in fact) I enter my submission. It said they were looking for 10 and it was taken down when it said they would. I realize they get tons of submissions it's just killing me waiting. I've been out of work 2 months today and can't stand it. I wish everyone good luck in the coming year!!!! Happy New Year to all and your families!!!!
  by fishin360

I'm out of philly. My status is start date pending. I think janurary 17 class is full. Hopefully I will be going to the 31th class. I was told I got I passed all my test and I got the job. Hr said just to wait. I'm calling again in about 2 weeks if I don't hear sometthing. It would be nice to do training in the winter and do the ojt in the spring. happy new year
  by matawanaberdeen

I guess I'll just wait and see if my status changes.
  by MDA1

Good luck Matawan aberdeen, i applied on 12-30 for S. Kearny. I thought originally it said 10 positions avail, now it says only 5. i would assume now that you re-submitted app. and took tests your app should change, mine says pending review, good luck man! i think CSX is a better co. than NS, and it seems they schedule you for an interview individually after tests are taken online and passed. unlike ns where tests are taken with 100 other people and you have to wait to see if you pass, then maybe interview. Seems like an easier and more fair process for all parties all the way around. I look fwd to hearing back
  by StanTheMan

I got the call this morning and I will be starting on the 17th of Jan. Look forward to seeing you all there.
  by brownsfan2010

I talked to Wanda today, she said shes waiting on my health report to come back and she would be calling me with a date, Im just curious as to how long this health report takes to get to them after Ive had the physical, ect. Ive had this done prior to Thanksgivining. Is this normal?
  by blitzz2

Just waiting on my packet for the REDI center, wish it would arrive! anyone know what it contains?
  by FinalMacGyver

blitzz2 wrote:Just waiting on my packet for the REDI center, wish it would arrive! anyone know what it contains?
Same here. Does it come in the mail or email?
  by StanTheMan

brownsfan2010 wrote:I talked to Wanda today, she said shes waiting on my health report to come back and she would be calling me with a date, Im just curious as to how long this health report takes to get to them after Ive had the physical, ect. Ive had this done prior to Thanksgivining. Is this normal?
I had my physical on the 4th of Dec and mine was finished before Christmas. I got a call from them wanting a letter from my doctor saying my sleep apnea is under control. As soon as i sent that i was good to go, just had to wait for Wanda to get back from vacation to get the call. You may want to call the medical department and see if there are any issues holding it up. Email me if you would like the number.
  by StanTheMan

FinalMacGyver wrote:
blitzz2 wrote:Just waiting on my packet for the REDI center, wish it would arrive! anyone know what it contains?
I was told i would receive it in the mail in 5 to 7 business days.
  by brownsfan2010

Hello Stan, I sent an email if you wouldnt mind to share that number, I think ill give them a call first thing tomorrwo. I want to be sure to give my current employer plenty of notice. Thanks again for your support and help!
  by mrsafety

StanTheMan wrote:
FinalMacGyver wrote:
I was told i would receive it in the mail in 5 to 7 business days.

I was told it was coming in an email, guess we'll find out soon.