• CSX Hiring Process

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

by blitzz2

fishin360 wrote:I made the call. Hr told me I passed all my test. He told me just to wait, he is waiting for redi to give him a start date to pass it on to me. Does anybody how the redi center schudule thier classes? He told me not to tell my employer but when I did my backgound check they called my employer for a reference.
Only certain things they can ask an employer, and I don't believe they tell them who they are calling on behalf of. Plus it is a outside company that does the background checks.
  by StanTheMan

[quote="fishin360"]I made the call. Hr told me I passed all my test. He told me just to wait, he is waiting for redi to give him a start date to pass it on to me. Does anybody how the redi center schudule thier classes? He told me not to tell my employer but when I did my backgound check they called my employer for a reference.

Could I get the HR number? The 17th is fast approaching and I was told I was going to go then. Thanks!
  by slasher33

Anybody from Indiana get called yet? I have been waiting since November...
  by Buckeye1

I talked with a female HR rep, so my number would be different. If you received any emails, try emailing. That was my main source of getting information. Responses took a little while, so be patient. I think they are very busy. Good Luck
  by brownsfan2010

Ive been waiting patiently to hear back on from HR, csx site shows completed since Nov 29th. I talked to Axicom they got the form they were waiting on from my current employer and sent to csx, ive been waiting to hear from Wanda with HR. I gave in today and called but got her VM shes out of the office on vacation until Jan 3rd so that explains why I havent heard from them, makes me less nervous, hoping to hear from her on Jan 3rd.
  by FinalMacGyver

brownsfan2010 wrote:Ive been waiting patiently to hear back on from HR, csx site shows completed since Nov 29th. I talked to Axicom they got the form they were waiting on from my current employer and sent to csx, ive been waiting to hear from Wanda with HR. I gave in today and called but got her VM shes out of the office on vacation until Jan 3rd so that explains why I havent heard from them, makes me less nervous, hoping to hear from her on Jan 3rd.
I would imagine something would happen shortly. I have a couple of friends who applied at the Willard yard after we did and they received emails for their interviews next week. I assume their classes will be in March.
  by StanTheMan

brownsfan2010 wrote:Ive been waiting patiently to hear back on from HR, csx site shows completed since Nov 29th. I talked to Axicom they got the form they were waiting on from my current employer and sent to csx, ive been waiting to hear from Wanda with HR. I gave in today and called but got her VM shes out of the office on vacation until Jan 3rd so that explains why I havent heard from them, makes me less nervous, hoping to hear from her on Jan 3rd.
Ty for posting that it makes me feel much better. I have been waiting for Wanda to contact me also. I was told I have cleared everything just waiting on the call. Ill be working out of Columbus, Oh.
  by blitzz2

Wanda was my HR contact as well, like I said I start on the 17th of Jan. will be out of the new Intermodal in N.Baltimore Ohio.

I do have a question regarding the signals, when looking at them there is a series of 3 signals per meaning. I was told that each one means the same but are used in different areas, states, etc. anyone shed any light on this?
  by dudeduncan77

Well as of last week I had heard nothing, it was still "awaiting start date confirmation".
So i made several attempts to contact HR and the woman I was supposted to speak with, Wanda, was on vacation.
I decided to contact HR again to day, and see if anyone else could give me any information....
I was told I had the job, and would be going to the REDI January 31st. The person I spoke with said Wanda would be
contacting me with all the information...
Has anyone else heard anything about going the 31st, I thought the next conductor course was the 17th?
  by mrsafety

slasher33 wrote:Anybody from Indiana get called yet? I have been waiting since November...
Will be working out of Evansville, got the call last week will be at the redi for the jan 17th class.
  by COEN77

blitzz2 wrote:
I do have a question regarding the signals, when looking at them there is a series of 3 signals per meaning. I was told that each one means the same but are used in different areas, states, etc. anyone shed any light on this?
There are different types of signal post like the high aspect signals would be seen on a main line and dwarf signals that are used in sidings, crossovers, yards ect...There are signals meanings for different regions that would look the same in training you'll be told which region to study. Example: a high red over bottom yellow on the C&O would be a restricting signal the same signal on the SCL would be a medium approach. N.Baltimore would most likely use the C&O. Don't quote me on that I started my railroading in Walbridge, Ohio in the '70s on the C&O but there also was the B&O in that region which had their own signals which were called semiphor signals.
  by FinalMacGyver

dudeduncan77 wrote:Well as of last week I had heard nothing, it was still "awaiting start date confirmation".
So i made several attempts to contact HR and the woman I was supposted to speak with, Wanda, was on vacation.
I decided to contact HR again to day, and see if anyone else could give me any information....
I was told I had the job, and would be going to the REDI January 31st. The person I spoke with said Wanda would be
contacting me with all the information...
Has anyone else heard anything about going the 31st, I thought the next conductor course was the 17th?
They probably stagger the classes every couple of weeks
  by jpinkston70

Hey everyone I've got a question about the hiring process for CSX. I sent my application in on Dec 9,2010 and it still says Application Received/ Pending and it's almost the end of the month. I'm just wondering if they are waiting till after the first of the year to continue the process. I've applied for a Freight Conductor posiotion in Birmingham, AL. Hope everyone had a good Christmas and have a Happy New Year.
  by fishin360

I believe everyone who got the call did thier test a month before me. I did all my test during the month of november. My status was change to start date pending on dec 6. My hr guy did not say anything about january 31, but he said I had a job. I did not want to keep him on the phone, there is probably alot of guys calling for jobs. I wanted to make sure they did no forget me. I don't know how up to date that job status is. I would only call hr once, you dont want to call to much and piss off your hr person. At this stage you're only one click away from getting wipe off thier system. good luck
  by d0c69

Has anyone applied for conductor in Philly? I applied back in the beginning of Nov and my status still reads application pending review.