Railroad Forums 

• CSX Activity in New England

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

#1260693  by MBTA1016

Thank for the info. I was happy to see it but I couldn't chase it down thanks to rush hour traffic that wasn't moving haha :)
 #1260719  by fogg1703

FWIW Burke Distributors in Randolph has finally resumed rail service after months of inactivity. 3 familiar NS beers cars there today. A little help to fill out the small B729 lately due to FVRT traffic downturn and winter C&D loadings.
 #1260825  by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

highwayman wrote:Regarding the csx train headed for Readville, that train, I believe is b--731. It makes a daily round trip, (not sure about weekends), between Readville and Framingham. I've seen it leaving Readville about 9:30 AM, and return to Readville about 4:30 pm, sneaking onto the franklin branch between commuter trains.
After this trip is completed, I've seen a night crew use the same power to haul b-732, a nightly local run that includes foxboro terminals.
Correct on the train being B731, heads to Framingham between 8:30-9:30a M-F, and returns just after 4pm as long as all goes well on the Franklin Branch with our commuter trains....B732 usually heads down the Franklin Branch after 8pm and like highwayman wrote, heads to Foxboro Terminal, getting there round 10pm or so
 #1262270  by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

Q264, 2 engines lite, into Framingham, MA at aprox. 3:30p, backed via the Station Trk into the North Yard...I was working an outbound, so don't know what their next move was. An observation of the WML today. LORAM switch grinder, tied up in Worcester for the weekend on the stub trk on the East end of CP 44, Trk 2 switches have been grinded. Trk 1 between CP 28 and MP 30 has bundles of ties on the side of the track...expect a major tie project this summer West of Southboro on Track 1. CSX B721 with the 6235 and 62** with 23 cars working Sacks at aprox 4pm All for today on the B&A
 #1262313  by johnpbarlow

MBTA F40PH-2C 1050 wrote:...Trk 1 between CP 28 and MP 30 has bundles of ties on the side of the track...expect a major tie project this summer West of Southboro on Track 1....
I stopped by the Sobo T station yesterday to get a photo of Amtrak 449. I was standing on the track 2 platform at the Rte 85 bridge and noticed many of the ties on the bridge are quite rotted.

The T should also consider fixing the sorry state of the yellow dimpled warning tiles that line the platform edge as they're a tripping hazard.

BTW, is the Ashland detector no longer in operation? I could hear CSX yard radio in Framingham quite clearly on my scanner but did not hear a detector message for 449's passage.
 #1262358  by KB1KVD

The Ashland detector should be working. It currently set on the Worcester Mainline Road channel (160.410, AAR 020).
 #1262430  by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

johnpbarlow wrote:
MBTA F40PH-2C 1050 wrote:...Trk 1 between CP 28 and MP 30 has bundles of ties on the side of the track...expect a major tie project this summer West of Southboro on Track 1....
I stopped by the Sobo T station yesterday to get a photo of Amtrak 449. I was standing on the track 2 platform at the Rte 85 bridge and noticed many of the ties on the bridge are quite rotted.

The T should also consider fixing the sorry state of the yellow dimpled warning tiles that line the platform edge as they're a tripping hazard.

BTW, is the Ashland detector no longer in operation? I could hear CSX yard radio in Framingham quite clearly on my scanner but did not hear a detector message for 449's passage.
Send a message to the T regarding the condition of the "hazard" strip at Southboro...and the detector @ Ashland is still in use, seeing as I went thru it today, with No Defects, both directions "OVER"

As KB1KVD mentioned, the B&A, Boston end, is now in control of the Worcester MainLine Train Dispatcher on 2020...they are in control between COVE (exclusive) CP 45 (exclusive)
 #1263711  by MBTA1016

Bump: last time I went by the Norwood plant there was two(yes two) Wisconsin central hoppers near pleasant st with a boxcar further in the property. There's usually a single Wisconsin central hopper at a time there.
 #1265828  by MBTA1016

Csx served the Westwood industrial park this morning. Loco was 6240 and had a lot of boxcars with 4-5loaded center beams before switching them out. Gave me a good chase for sure.
 #1266642  by johnpbarlow

I was at the world famous Wellesley dump this AM (formally called the Recycling and Disposal Facility) when a CSX semi truck pulling a 53' CSX container came in. It went directly to the scale and 15 minutes came back for another weigh-in. Hopefully the truck was picking up and not delivering. Would it be picking up a container load of scrap metal for reverse haul to a steel mill or export to Asia?