Railroad Forums 

• can you help i.d. his 1850 locomotive

• Discussion of steam locomotives from all manufacturers and railroads
Discussion of steam locomotives from all manufacturers and railroads

Moderators: Typewriters, slide rules

#745987  by joli68

any and all info welcome
i have another can u id this train.its a daguerreotype that i date to 1852 by the case, mat, preserver , type of plate ,general popularity of the daguerreotypes.i did my best to scan it. i used filters to try to enhance it . and contrast and lightening.i know nothing of trains accept my wife is a conductor in boston.i suppose people will be able to id the typ of train and go from there..i googled jacob forster with no luck.on top of that it says....6 letters i think ending in res(possibly ).unknown then locomotive works the numbers look to be something 843 something or ?043?. i hope the images help.i added extra pix other than just what i want so the train lovers can see all.PLEASE CLIK ON IMAGE ENLARGE IT OR SAVE IT AND ENLARGE IT YOURSELF ON THE COMPUTER.THE FILES ARE BIG SO YOU CAN SEE ALL THE GOOD STUFF. ANY AND ALL INFO WOULD BE GREAT AS SPECIFIC TYPE OF TRAIN AND SO FORTH....thank you thank you ..feel free to browse my photobucket site, for other daguerreotypes and fish tank pix..

. PLEASE SAVE AND EXPAND PIX ON YOUR COMPUTER FOR LOTS MORE DETAIL. THANX
Attachments:
closeupnamenowithgreen[1].jpg
closeupnamenowithgreen[1].jpg (18.03 KiB) Viewed 2464 times
closeupnamenofiltering-1[1].jpg
closeupnamenofiltering-1[1].jpg (22.29 KiB) Viewed 2466 times
Attachments:
(633.37 KiB) Downloaded 2406 times
Last edited by joli68 on Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.