Railroad Forums 

• Bombardier Passenger Conductor--Pay Rate ?

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

#1405306  by Bgunn17

Hello all,

Can anyone tell me the starting salary for passenger conductors for Bombardier? I applied, however, salary was not disclosed.

Thanks
Last edited by John_Perkowski on Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:58 pm, edited 2 times in total. Reason: Capitalization usually means shouting on the interwebs.
 #1405413  by kaitoku

Which city and agency? AFAIK Bombardier is a manufacturer of rolling stock and provides maintenance for its products, but not staff for commuter operations- which is typically handled by public agencies and/or contractors such as Amtrak or Transdev.
 #1405415  by STrRedWolf

kaitoku wrote:Which city and agency? AFAIK Bombardier is a manufacturer of rolling stock and provides maintenance for its products, but not staff for commuter operations- which is typically handled by public agencies and/or contractors such as Amtrak or Transdev.
Negative. Bombardier runs MARC trains on CSX track, and the conductors and engineers are Bombardier personnel. Bombardier is not just a manufacturer but a service provider as well (like how Keoils is).

MARC trains on Amtrak track are run by Amtrak staff.
 #1405416  by DutchRailnut

currently they are one of bidders for New Haven/ Springfield service for CTDOT, but so is Amtrak - Keolis - Veolia - HRRC :-)
 #1405531  by Bgunn17

Location is New Haven, CT. The job posting just says "Bombardier Passenger Conductor ". Training provided, so I was curious as to the salary. I assumed it was on the freight side.