Railroad Forums 

• BNSF 4702 - Wreck Photos

• Discussion related to BNSF operations. Official site: BNSF.COM
Discussion related to BNSF operations. Official site: BNSF.COM

Moderator: Komachi

#844707  by 3rdrail

Except that what you're getting is from a couple of lawyers apparently who specialize in this stuff (and whose offices are off a runway at LAX), so you might be getting an ambulance chaser's opinion of an accident. Would you, by any chance, be associated with this group, yppak ?
 #845122  by yppak

lol, nope I'm not associated with them at all, but do use that site a resource from time to time, I'm on the East Coast and have worked in freight forwarding / Customs brokerage industry for over 20 years. I'm a fan of all aspects of cargo transport, rail, ship, aircraft, & truck, and belong to a few sites like railroad.net that discuss and love the equipment and people that tend to get overlooked by everyone else.

I saw the page a linked and thought it would be fine to link here and on topic, most of the incidents they profile are air and ocean this was the first rail related one I've seen in a while, my bad I guess.

Yes, the site I linked is for a law firm and they do specialize in cargo law, but if you actually read some of the accidents they profile you would see they do not try and put any spin on them, you are certainly not getting an ambulance chasers view. They don't even sell anything on those pages, just a note at the bottom to insure cargo, which they don't do.

You would be surprised how much cargo moves uninsured, I know in my 20+ years I've had to deal with a lot of customers who did not insure their goods and as I said I use that site to show customers some of the real risks that can happen.

Was not trying to sell anything, just link some pictures I thought were cool and on topic.......
 #845168  by 3rdrail

yppak wrote:Yes, the site I linked is for a law firm and they do specialize in cargo law, but if you actually read some of the accidents they profile you would see they do not try and put any spin on them, you are certainly not getting an ambulance chasers view. They don't even sell anything on those pages, just a note at the bottom to insure cargo, which they don't do.
The problem that I have with a site like this is that it's worth, if any, can only be gawky entertainment value, which is, in my opinion, a twisted value on many levels. They are referring to actual cases, many of which involved persons dying, sometimes horribly. They conduct investigations but I can not find any indication of professional expertise in any of the areas that they investigate, nor referrals to these experts. So, the obvious feeling that I have come away with is that this is a group of pretend detectives who are investigating the mechanics, crime scenes, history, evidence, witnesses, direct and indirect evidence, etc. etc. of these tragic events...and ruling on them (after putting snappy titles on them). Their juvenile comments regarding incidents in which death is involved shows their level of professionalism. Case in point, this quote at one of their stories- "Rail Mate", regarding an Egyptian train wreck in which three persons were killed: "The Ballast Engine Is Atop The Yellow Engine Is This A Mating Ritual ? " (The actual quote has the first sentence over the second.) Look at their "Pepito Flores Did Not Need to Die" "investigation". Without any expertise that I can see other than a law degree, they ruled that this man died needlessly due to oversight by the company. Now let's see...they're lawyers, travel world-wide, they ruled a company at fault in a man's death, they have no apparent expertise in maritime, criminal, or accident investigation. It must be legit, right ? They, or their associates would have nothing to gain by such a ruling, would they ?