Railroad Forums 

• Best Passenger Railroad service in the United States

• General discussion of passenger rail systems not otherwise covered in the specific forums in this category, including high speed rail.
General discussion of passenger rail systems not otherwise covered in the specific forums in this category, including high speed rail.

Moderators: mtuandrew, gprimr1

#1573728  by Gilbert B Norman

Ron, I did that journey round trip Sep 83. There was still Mt. McKinley, albeit it within Denali National Park.

The Budd Dome car is an upgrade; all they had back then were ACF cars built for the UP in which the forward vision is inferior.

I noted the absence of any cruise ship shore excursion cars, but they appear to have been suspended during COVID. However, with the recently enacted Jones Act amendment, waiving foreign flagged vessels sailing from a US port, to first call at a foreign port before another US, that business should com back under the now-modified COVID restrictions (it's not over, volks; too many unvaccinated kids, plus anti vax adults - my Sister being one owing to religious convictions - to still say it's out there).