Railroad Forums 

• B & H RR to gain new customer in Bath

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

#1587457  by Fireman43

LP Corp will be building a new facility that will hire more than 60 employees. The 75-acre facility will be located at the Steuben County Industrial Development Agency’s Business Park site located off of State Route 54 and is expected to open in the third quarter of 2023.

Nice to the investment in upgrading this stretch of rail is paying off.
Mark

https://www.mytwintiers.com/news-cat/co ... g-to-bath/
 #1587533  by Matt Langworthy

It will be interesting to see how the B&H services the Hammondsport Industrial Track, which is basically the original B&H mainline from MP 3 to the yard limit in Bath. (The remaining track from MP 3 to the former winery site is OOS due to a washout.) ) The B&H did run their RS18u up to MP 3 when it was rehabbed, so they could run the bigger locomotives up there if they want. On the other hand, S1 #5 and S2 #14 are still on Cohocton, so they could be assigned to LP. If switchers do work LP, will one of them be based there? Or will the job be a turn from Cohocton? It will be intresting to see how this traffic develops.
 #1587536  by Fireman43

Interesting indeed. Last time all the activity in this area if I remember was bringing in those jail cell concrete cubes utilizing the “passing siding “:) which was pretty neat.
Speaking of the winery I always look at the ROW along Fish Hatchery Road that is slowly reverting to Mother Nature and more quickly by the neighboring property owners to pile junk on .
 #1587591  by Benjamin Maggi

Where will this be? I look on Google maps and follow the track out of Bath and don't see any areas where an industrial complex are located with rail service.
 #1587630  by Fireman43

They have been ‘pushing dirt’ around at the corner of 54 and Mt WashingtonArgus Hill Rd for a bit across from Shirleys Lumber (right where the symbol 113 is )but not sure if start of I would think a much larger project .

Side note: I have read of the
Predecessor to Phillips Lighting ( just south of SHIRLEY’S being served by rail but have been unable to trace a ROW to the plant .

Any thoughts?
 #1609614  by Fireman43

Moving along .
Few pics taken a few weeks apart-

This looking south toward the project.
Be interesting to see how the siding (s) will be set up .

This looking north toward the end of the line
 #1611048  by Fireman43

Chris - looked back to your pics from 2011- thanks for documenting the features at the ‘end of the line’.
Glad you got a few of the old engine house just as I remembered it from years ago.
At the time looking inside I never thought to grab some . One of those woulda coulda.
Also noted your picture of the line looking from the winery west at Pleasant Valley Road reminds me of the devastation of the line in the flood of 1935. More than a few pictures in my books of Cold Brook totally destroying this section of ROW .

Every few months the minutes of the Urbana Town Board gives updates on the rail trail they are looking for grants to complete from the Curtis Museum to the new park at the waterfront but haven’t seen anything lately .
Mark
 #1626865  by Fireman43

IMG_9713.jpeg
IMG_9713.jpeg (2.2 MiB) Viewed 608 times

These are actually like 3 months old now .

Thanks for the advice,
Attachments:
IMG_9712.jpeg
IMG_9712.jpeg (1.91 MiB) Viewed 608 times
IMG_9715.jpeg
IMG_9715.jpeg (1.93 MiB) Viewed 608 times