• ALP-45DP's - Usage and Delivery

• Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.
Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

by CleanCab_108

Jtgshu wrote:
CleanCab_108 wrote:
OportRailfan wrote:Test trains headed to Bayhead
Heard them say a few hours ago that the "Test Train" was performing practice station stops in area of Bradley Beach on the NJCL Radio Frequency.
From what I heard on the radio, they made "simulated station stops" (opening and closing the doors, usually on the side of the train opposite the platform) from Woodbridge to Bay Head and back to Woodbridge and changed modes in Long Branch in either direction
I stand corrected, sorry about that.
  by OportRailfan

Jtgshu wrote:
CleanCab_108 wrote:
Heard them say a few hours ago that the "Test Train" was performing practice station stops in area of Bradley Beach on the NJCL Radio Frequency.
From what I heard on the radio, they made "simulated station stops" (opening and closing the doors, usually on the side of the train opposite the platform) from Woodbridge to Bay Head and back to Woodbridge and changed modes in Long Branch in either direction
From what you heard on the radio ;)
  by Kaback9

Jtgshu wrote:
CleanCab_108 wrote:
Sure ya did ;)
  by Jtgshu

I did! sheesh...the radios on locomotives are powerful so i could hear the whole conversation

:)
  by OportRailfan

4501+4009+5 went west today under catenary power, and came back east under diesel power.
  by RearOfSignal

Caught the 4501 making a test run up the Port Jervis toady. Got these shots at Suffern. Thanks for the heads-up goes to MNR#1Conductor who was out there as well.

Got this one as well...
  by ChrisU

Nice pictures!

*mod note: edited, no need to quote pictures.
  by R36 Combine Coach

Apparently the first time an ALP45DP has entered MNCR territory. But I doubt the Port Jervis line will be running them.
  by peanut1

Nice shots. That engine looks a bit big, still cool thought.
  by Jtgshu

R36 Combine Coach wrote:Apparently the first time an ALP45DP has entered MNCR territory. But I doubt the Port Jervis line will be running them.
Well, just because they are dual modes, they are also a diesel locomotive. Therefore, in theory they could be used anywhere. They have the potential to be decent (albeit overpriced and overkill) diesel locos, and could be used in a pinch for a train going up there, just like a Geep or F40 or PL42, if the regular train craps out and nothing else is available.
  by ThirdRail7

This engine is supposed to do clearance testing in NYP tonight. Hopefully, things will go smoother than the double deckers! :)
  by ericr

ThirdRail7 wrote:This engine is supposed to do clearance testing in NYP tonight. Hopefully, things will go smoother than the double deckers! :)
I saw it passing through Secaucus heading towards NYP around 9:30pm with a couple 46s.
  by TDowling

Nice pics, RearOfSignal! This is going to be sweet! Hopefully soon the dual modes will be in operation for those parts of the system that need them for direct service to NY (i.e. the M&E/Monty-Boonty west of Dover, the NJCL west of Long Branch, etc....too bad the former Erie lines won't need them except, as Jtgshu points out, if another loco craps out).
  by sixty-six

ThirdRail7 wrote:This engine is supposed to do clearance testing in NYP tonight. Hopefully, things will go smoother than the double deckers! :)
Hopefully not, and it'll find more things that Amtrak messed up on.
  by M1 9147

I actually got an email from Paul on the 4501 Photos at Suffern. What also got me on this one is it looks like 4912 (Ex 4116?) with the 2 cab cars in its consist was also another test train as it's doing a reburn Test run also as it turned around in the station from what I see.