Railroad Forums 

• 2018 Commuter Rail Delay Thread

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

#1492485  by Teamdriver

Engine fire on MBTA commuter rail train forces evacuation at Hanson station
Updated: Nov 29, 2018 - 9:31 AM

Facebook
HANSON, Mass. - An MBTA commuter rail train on the Kingston/Plymouth line was evacuated during Thursday morning's commute after an apparent engine fire caused the train to stop at the Hanson station.

https://www.boston25news.com/news/smoke ... /880229181" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
 #1492589  by Mbtagp40mc

What I thought was weird was 1074 was the engine involved and 1703 was the cab car attached. I saw 1703 pulling out of South Station last night but didn't get to see which locomotive was leading. Could they really have repaired 1074 that quickly?
 #1492604  by RenegadeMonster

Well, this is certainly a new one.

December Commuter Rail Passes are delayed. (The plastic CharliCard like ones).

I get them through work, the MBTA sends them to the office, where we pick up. Usually around a week before the end of the month we get the following months passes.

Passes have not arrived yet and the MBTA has informed us they are delayed. They are hoping they will be delivered today, but may not be.

What is the protocol when monthly passes you pay for do not come in on time. Does that leaving you paying for commute in Monday Morning?
 #1492643  by Type 7 3684

Mbtagp40mc wrote:What I thought was weird was 1074 was the engine involved and 1703 was the cab car attached. I saw 1703 pulling out of South Station last night but didn't get to see which locomotive was leading. Could they really have repaired 1074 that quickly?
They probably just changed out 1074 for a different engine.
 #1494982  by sonicdoommario

The 821 had issues at Ruggles and left about half an hour late. Also delayed 823 behind it. 823's been crawling behind 821. Right now it looks like they squeezed both trains onto Track 3 at Attleboro. 821 has left Attleboro and is holding at THACHER, while 823 appears to be stopped at the station itself. Looks like they cleared up Track 1 so the Acela that's normally behind 823 (2193) can pass by. Don't know how often they can jam two in two trains on one track at Attleboro, especially that close apart.