• You Might Be A Railfan If...

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by PARailWiz

...when the first thing you do when you take your girlfriend to the shore for the first time is not go to the beach or the boardwalk but take her along for a walk in the marsh along the abandoned Ocean City ROW to see if anything has changed from last year.

by CTL10D

......When you have a dream that your playing hide and go seek with an NS GP40-2........yeah its time for a new hobby for me :( lol -Chris

by pdman

When just sitting and daydreaming, instead of whistling a tune or replaying a song in your mind you imagine the sights, sounds, smells, and vibrations of various idling or running engines.

Variations: the above at different locations, lines, and seasons of the year.

Is this a train nut's meditation?

by CNJGeep

SIR!!! I AM OFFENDED!!! MADMAN!!! NICK11A, I AM NOT WEIRD!!! (or a crook.)

by nick11a

CNJGeep wrote:SIR!!! I AM OFFENDED!!! MADMAN!!! NICK11A, I AM NOT WEIRD!!! (or a crook.)
It's just a joke- hence the smile. Us folks have a lot of fun in here. No offense meant or intended.

However, I have been refered to as a madman in the past by various people. :wink:

by msernak

You might be a Railfan if you are single and home on a Saturday night reading this thread like me!

by jmp883

Andy117 wrote:
If you consider a good time a lawn chair, a Yoo-Hoo, and a pizza trackside, you might be comfortable.
Yoo-Hoo AND pizza?? I like Yoo-Hoo and I like pizza....but to combine them?? That's a taste combo I'd rather not experience :-D !

by Jtgshu

Yoo-Hoo, Cheez Whiz and Lebanon Bologna - how's that sound Joe?

Hahahahahha

by jmp883

Jtgshu wrote:
Yoo-Hoo, Cheez Whiz and Lebanon Bologna - how's that sound Joe?
Like a recipie for flatulence! :wink:

by pdman

Lebanon Balona: you never know how good it is until you move away from the Northeast and can't get it anymore. I used to take such sandwiches with me on many a train trips -- there must be so many chemicals in it the meat wouldn't spoil for hours and hours.

by Jtgshu

Hahha - just bought another package at Shoprite in West Long Branch,

A prepackaged container for 1.99 for like 6 oz's - works out to be the same price as in the deli, but tastes better!!!

I think ill take 2 sandwiches to work tomorrow in thoughts of this thread!

Maybe there is an online resource for buying Lebanon online - i know there is a Pork Roll website that you can order it from anywhere

by Tom_E_Reynolds

you might be railfan if you wonder, like me, which is better:

www.Railpictures.net or www.RRPictureArchives.net

I need some free space for more pics.

opinions anyone?

Nick11a, you use both, which do you like.

by sullivan1985

Tom_E_Reynolds wrote:you might be railfan if you wonder, like me, which is better:

opinions anyone?

RailPictures.net will reject your photo if one pixel is not exactly the way they like it, RailroadPictureArchives allows you to add anything railroad related and there is also a dynamic system to help you search for other photos of locomotives and rolling stock based on road numbers and serial numbers.

by nick11a

Tom_E_Reynolds wrote:you might be railfan if you wonder, like me, which is better:

opinions anyone?

Ahh, the age old question!

Well, I like the design and setup of Railpictures.net more, but they have such incredibly high standards for shots- and that drives me nuts.

With RRPicturearchives.net, you chose what you want folks to see of your work.

So to answer your question, the answer depends on which day you ask me. :-)

by Tom_E_Reynolds

Is there any limits or quotas to how much you can post on either site?

I like http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/ because I can filter by state (NJ) and by any town, and see all the photos from that town.

I think thats neat. I can't seem to do that on www.RailPictures.net

But I haven't posted anything yet.