Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.

Moderator: Liquidcamphor

by N340SG

This is totally strange, but true, I swear.
On "Who wants to be a millionaire?", Meredith just asked a contestant, "A Muu Muu is a loose fitting dress traditionally worn where?"

So, RR.net members are now equipped to win big bucks on TV game shows.

Tom

by Dave Keller

"Crazy Eddie isn't crazy . . . . . he's INSANE!!!!!"

I remember him all too well. The fact that he was a railfan amazes me! One never knows, do one?

Also remembered WALK FM's Klein till nine show. Listened to it regularly about 100 years ago. It was a big station years ago. The only thing that gave it any rivalry before WBAB and WBLI appeared was the Sunday morning show on WLIX: My favorite: "Italian House Party" with Joe Rotolo!

A little Jimmy Roselli, if you please . . . ."Cie la luna, mezzo mare, mamma mia me maritari . . . ."

Dave Keller

P.S. And I AM on track . . . . There were LOTS of Italians working for the LIRR over the past 100 years!!!!! So there! Fuggedaboudit!! :wink: DK

by Lupo 10

Dave,

WALK FM is still the number 1 station on Long Island (as far as ratings are concerned). With a 39,000 Watt signal not many can compete. Plus its on in all the work places which gives it high ratings. When people who fill out the ratings diarys are asked what they listen to at work most have to say WALK FM (whether they are being forced to listen or not).

Too bad we can't change the title of this thread to "if you're looking for anything to do with trains don't come here"...LOL

by Dave Keller

Consider it a "break" in intense discussion! :wink:

a.k.a. "Comic Relief!"

Dave Keller

by emfinite

:-)
Last edited by emfinite on Thu Mar 10, 2005 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

by Knife-Switch

I swear I saw somebody who looked just like that trainspotting in South Beach....hmmmmm

Maybe I could borrow that sometime and make some REAL money on the Bushwick Branch

by Dave Keller

Gee, Chris, they were right . . . . .

That color DOES do wonders for your complexion! :wink:

Do you wear matching heels or flip-flops?

When the train rushes by as you hold up the order stick, what keeps the hemline down?

As Frasier once said: "I'm going into the kitchen to poke out my mind's eye!"

Dave :-D

by Tadman

Where did muu moo come up in relation to LIRR - is it that silly orange vest the trackworkers are wearing?

And holy cow, Otto must be living under a stone... This has the be the most hilarious thread I've ever seen. Too bad La-Qwanta hasn't made an appearance, she always has interesting comments....

by Dave Keller

Does anyone think, perhaps, that Otto is enjoying a good laugh like the rest of us?

He's human, too, guys! :-)

Dave Keller

by Paul

Well either he's enjoying a good laugh or...he's still asleep at the switch.

by RRChef

As I seem to have a bit too much time on my hands at work today, I have been pondering the whole Muu Moo Mau thing and I now offer my final words on the subject:

MUU MUU- the correct spelling is muumuu, one word. Don't believe me look it up for yourself.

MOO MOO-Has anyone actually heard a cow go moo moo?? I only seem to catch the moooooo version when I am around cows which is not too often(live ones anyway)

MAU MAU- I was going to leave this one alone but, there is a card game called mau mau which has rules simular to I believe uno. Don't believe me look it up for yourself.

Now for traffic cones. If you want the definitive on traffic cones(at least in my opinion) watch Jacka$$:The Movie and view the segment entitled "a Really Big Cone". I think that says it all.

So what does any of this have to do with trains? Give my some more time here at work to think about it. It's gonna be a long boring night and I need something to keep me amused. :P

by Tadman

Traffic cones, hah! You guys think LIRR is funny, I saw a guy on the CTA unzip his pants and take a whiz on the train. There's no bathroom on that train...

by FlipFlap

muumuu /moomoo/ [Hawaiian] n :
voluminous, loudly patterned dress, usually worn by women of size.

by lawnguy

I saw the Mgr at Babylon wearing a moo-moo and eating a box of doughnuts and I think he is a guy. He is very portly.