Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.

Moderator: Liquidcamphor

by Fla East Coast Chris

I wonder how I would look coming down the stairs of PD tower with the sticks dressed like that or in Florida!!!!!!!!!!
NO comments Emfinite I am watching!!!!
Chris

by Dave Keller

Don't worry, mon . . . . Be hoppy!

(Do ya tink my dreds will look good undah my trenmon's cop?) :wink:

Dave Keller

by emfinite

I have seen Chris in all his glory running down the steps at PD with the wind blowing under his muu muu. When sticking the trains, he has one hand holding up the orders while the other keeps the muu muu secure. It has been confirmed by LIRR passengers that he does in fact wear undergarment when outfitted in muu muu attire.

by Lupo 10

I once asked a trivia question about Higgins when I was a DJ. Let's see if anyone knows.

What were the names of Higgins' dogs?

Man, we are so far off topic we don't even know how to spell tranes er traiz, I mean umm trains anymore...LOL

by emfinite

Were the doggies Zeus and Apollo?

by Knife-Switch

Traffic Cone

Mau Mau

by Lupo 10

Joe is the lucky winner of..........absolutely NOTHING. But he got the answer to the question right.

I had people going for 15 minutes before I got an answer when I originally ran the contest.

by Dave Keller

Zeus and Apollo, always referred to as "the lads."

"Zeus, Apollo, patrol!"

Dave Keller
  by FlipFlap

Knife-Switch,

That's too funny. ROTFL

FlipFlap

by LIengineerBob

Knife-Switch....they say a picture is worth a thousand words......that post is GREAT!! :P

by Long Island 7285

thats the new safety first uniform that managers are promoting
  by FlipFlap

Hey, it looks better than the ugly orange parkas the LIRR is providing it's employes these days.

FlipFlap

by Paul

Thank Emfinite for posting Muu Muu Homer. After spending way too much time looking for picture of him on the 'net, I gave up. Just curious...is that from your personal collection? Glad to see the thread still active. A little distraction and myrth is good for the soul. Or maybe Otto is asleep at the switch? :-D

by Paul

Lupo-
When were you a DJ and for what stations? DId you ever hear of Jerry Carole? Used to be on WPIX F-M back in the '70s. Also was the guy doing the "Crazy Eddie" comercials back then. He was a big time rail head.
I once called him up to request a song ("City of New Orleans") and we ended up talking trains for about two hours. I was 14 at the time. Great guy.
Now that I have effectivly derailed this thread back onto "railroad" do I get a cookie? :-D

by Lupo 10

Paul,

I was a DJ on WALK AM (1370) from 1997-98 and the WALK FM (97.5) overnight DJ in 1999. No one I ever talked to on the phone when I worked there was into trains unfortunately. Working the overnight however I got some real wacko's.