• weird train on the Worcester line

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

hey everyone, i was in Boston tonight for the Dropkick Murphy's concert and after it was over, like 1000pm, we were walking to the Kenmore station and on the Worcester line inbound, i saw a inbound T w/ 2 engines on the head end, here is how the set was:

GP40MC (W) GP40MC (E) single single and 2 Double deckers (i did not see the rest of the train, blocked by buildings)

i checked the T Framingham line schedule and there was no train entering S. Station at 1000, the last train was P536 at 853pm then P538 at 1255 am, was this a very late P536 or a deadhead move from BET via Grand jct. track?

by johnpbarlow

Last night (3/17), I rode P537, the 1005pm departure out of South Station for Worcester, which was 5 single level cars pulled by a GP40MC. This is the first GP40MC I've seen on this line in years. I've read elsewhere that these engines have reli issues?

by octr202

Sounds like the Readville switcher. Our professional sources on this forum have reported it using a pair of GP 40s since the 902 & 904 are both OOS.
  by GP40MC 1116

MBTA F40PH-2C 1050 wrote:hey everyone, i was in Boston tonight for the Dropkick Murphy's concert and after it was over, like 1000pm, we were walking to the Kenmore station and on the Worcester line inbound, i saw a inbound T w/ 2 engines on the head end, here is how the set was:

GP40MC (W) GP40MC (E) single single and 2 Double deckers (i did not see the rest of the train, blocked by buildings)

i checked the T Framingham line schedule and there was no train entering S. Station at 1000, the last train was P536 at 853pm then P538 at 1255 am, was this a very late P536 or a deadhead move from BET via Grand jct. track?

Either the Switcher, or just maybie taking some cars with problems back to the yard, though thats a interesting combo w 2 GP40MC's i have yet to see that in my day

by CSX Conductor

F40, that was the Readville Switcher, which was using the 1127 & 1136 this week. They pull into South Station from Readville, get their CSXT paperwork and then shove over to Beacon Park, then pull over the Grand Jct. Running track. The reverse is done on the way back. :wink:

by GP40MC 1116

CSX Conductor wrote:F40, that was the Readville Switcher, which was using the 1127 & 1136 this week. They pull into South Station from Readville, get their CSXT paperwork and then shove over to Beacon Park, then pull over the Grand Jct. Running track. The reverse is done on the way back. :wink:
Ahh , thanks CSX that explains it
  by railfan101

MBTA F40PH-2C 1050 wrote:hey everyone, i was in Boston tonight for the Dropkick Murphy's concert and after it was over, like 1000pm, we were walking to the Kenmore station and on the Worcester line inbound, i saw a inbound T w/ 2 engines on the head end, here is how the set was:

Now that I think of it I believe I saw this set friday morning in the Readville yard. I was on a Franklin bound train via the dorchester route and saw it sitting in the yard. I didn't think of it much untill isaw this.