• Walther's Horizon Cars

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

by Myke Romeo Angel

I was wondering where would i find the extra detailing parts for these cars. I want horns & the black piece that normally goes around the doors where conductors & passengers walk between the cars. Sorry I do not know the name of it. I know they are already on the Walther's Amtrak kits that were released afer 2001....

Any information that you guys may have would be greatful, thanks...

by Ken W2KB

Unless there is a newer modern name, its a diaphram.

by Myke Romeo Angel

Ken W2KB wrote:Unless there is a newer modern name, its a diaphram.

Okay thanks, where would i be able to find these diaphrams?...

by Otto Vondrak

Diaphragms can be purchased as a separate part... search the Walther's catalog.

http://www.walthers.com

If you want to make diaphragms for your Horizon cars, these are usually made out of stiff rubber... which can be simulated with black shrink tubing, available from Radio Shack and other sources...

-otto-