Discussion related to commuter rail and rapid transit operations in the Chicago area including the South Shore Line, Metra Rail, and Chicago Transit Authority.

Moderators: JamesT4, metraRI

  by MetraBNSF
 
Also 189 has been seen at 14th St.

Won’t be long until there are very few blue locomotives running in and out of the CUS south concourse.
  by MetraBNSF
 
The scorecard on the Winnebagoes as of October 2018:

Rebuilt: 186, 188, 189, 192, 194, 196, 200, 208, 209

Still in blue livery: 185, 187, 190, 191, 193, 195, 197, 198, 199, 202, 203, 206, 207, 210, 211, 212, 213, 214

185 was recently used in a mock train vs suv collision in Manhattan, IL as a part of an OLI demonstration and is also destined for rebuild.

193 has not been seen in a few months and is likely going through the rebuild.

201 is on RI and is a supposed PTC test locomotive.

Not sure of the rest of the 200s (202-207) that are assigned to RI if they’re still actively operating or being rebuilt. Assuming 204 is being rebuilt while 205 is likely no more.
  by ChicagoRailfanner1989
 
MetraBNSF wrote:The scorecard on the Winnebagoes as of October 2018:

Rebuilt: 186, 188, 189, 192, 194, 196, 200, 208, 209

Still in blue livery: 185, 187, 190, 191, 193, 195, 197, 198, 199, 202, 203, 206, 207, 210, 211, 212, 213, 214

185 was recently used in a mock train vs suv collision in Manhattan, IL as a part of an OLI demonstration and is also destined for rebuild.

193 has not been seen in a few months and is likely going through the rebuild.

201 is on RI and is a supposed PTC test locomotive.

Not sure of the rest of the 200s (202-207) that are assigned to RI if they’re still actively operating or being rebuilt. Assuming 204 is being rebuilt while 205 is likely no more.
202 is rebuilt
  by MetraBNSF
 
210 has gone to RI from BNSF. This could be a sign that unit could be heading for rebuild. Which might also explain 208 going to BNSF.
  by F40CFan
 
99 and 97 were leading MWX1 on 12/21/2018.
  by F40CFan
 
F40CFan wrote:99 and 97 were leading MWX1 on 12/21/2018.
Correction, it was WX03.
  by MetraBNSF
 
193 has been reported to have been rebuilt and was on its way back to Chicago on CSX. Has not yet been seen in Metra service.
  by MetraBNSF
 
MetraBNSF wrote:Also 189 has been seen at 14th St.

Won’t be long until there are very few blue locomotives running in and out of the CUS south concourse.
Saw 189 in service last week on a morning inbound rush hour express. Had no problem doing track speed.
  by CNW 151
 
MetraBNSF wrote:193 has been reported to have been rebuilt and was on its way back to Chicago on CSX. Has not yet been seen in Metra service.
Back in town as of 12/26.
  by MetraBNSF
 
Something I noticed about 189. When this unit was first built back in 1992 there was no village affiliated with it. At some point the unit was named “Village of Villa Park”. After coming from rebuild I noticed it had lost that village name.

I think 208 was never named when it was first built. When it came from rebuild, it was named “Village of LaGrange”.

Something to keep an eye on as the Winnebagos go in and come from rebuild. 190-199 are not named. 200 has always been “Norman W. Muelner”. 202 is “Village of Orland Hills”. 203-210 are not named with the exception of 208. 211-213 are named. 214 has an OLI logo.
  by doepack
 
That is sharp. Loses a little something with the red candy striping in the front, but that's a minor nitpick; still looks great otherwise. I was hoping Metra would start to paint some of its units in the colors of their predecessors.

Okay, BNSF & UP: What sayeth you?
  by eolesen
 
Well, the locomotives are Metra's to paint... so it's not UP or BNSF's decision aside perhaps from allowing use of a logo.

I doubt UP or BNSF would object to a yellow & green themed locomotive or a cascade green with a hockey stick on it... UP is already allowing the CNW colored private car on its trains and didn't object.
  by F40CFan
 
It needs the Hiawatha on the nose.
  • 1
  • 86
  • 87
  • 88
  • 89
  • 90
  • 94