Railroad Forums 

• Photos of MEC/NSRC Bridge?

• Discussion relating to the pre-1983 B&M and MEC railroads. For current operations, please see the Pan Am Railways Forum.
Discussion relating to the pre-1983 B&M and MEC railroads. For current operations, please see the Pan Am Railways Forum.

Moderator: MEC407

#927278  by Dick H

I couldn't find any photos of the Canaan-West Stewartstown Bridge.
I do not see that bridge listed on this web site that does include both
highway and railroad bridges. Scroll down to bridges up north.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cr ... _Hampshire

I did find some good photos of the Gilman NH-Lunenburg RR Bridge.
The photographer has disabled the copying of his photos, but you
can access them below. You have to be a member of flickr.

http://www.flickr.com/search/?ss=2&w=al ... dge&m=text
 #928293  by Old Goat

Hmmm...it appears that my original post is missing so here it is again:
There is a two span Baltimore through-truss railroad bridge that crosses the Connecticut River near Canaan, VT and West Stewartstown, NH. It served the Maine Central Railroad and the North Stratford Railroad. Currently it is a snowmobile/pedestrian trail. If anyone can provide photos to assist in a modeling effort, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

I appreciate the links posted above. One photo is mine that I shot back in 1987...just wish I had thought to shoot more while I was there.

I am using Central Valley Models bridge parts to construct my model and a couple of photos showing the areas where the vertical trusses attach to the top and bottom horizontal trusses would be extremely helpful. If anyone has plans to travel to the area in the near future, please let me know.

Thanks again for any help!
Matt
 #928369  by MEC407

I was wondering what happened to your original post. Not sure why it disappeared, but thanks for re-posting it. Also, welcome to railroad.net. :-D
 #1000067  by Old Goat

I was fortunate to make a contact in New Hampshire and they provided three photos of the bridge. They gave permission and they are now (or will shortly) be available to view on Google Maps. The bridge crosses the Connecticut River just north of West Stewartstown, NH. Here is one view:

Admin Note: Image Link changed to URL link.