Railroad Forums 

• Turkeys on Ramsey platform

• Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.
Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

#324141  by MNRR PA OPERATOR

They better have their tickets before boarding! Do you think a conductor would charge them the on-board fare? LOL

Happy Thanksgiving to all

#324151  by Uzi-Cat

I heard that 7 Train is going to start a thread about his visit to Ramsey. "STALKED BY TURKEYS". The turkeys apparently told him he couldn't take pictures and then threw him out of the deadhead car while he was trying to explain to them that that car was the crew lounge. The turkeys broke his camera and spoke to him in a very demeaning way. He did get the turkey's employee number and will be filing a complaint.

#324163  by sullivan1985

wpdj61 wrote:I heard that 7 Train is going to start a thread about his visit to Ramsey. "STALKED BY TURKEYS". The turkeys apparently told him he couldn't take pictures and then threw him out of the deadhead car while he was trying to explain to them that that car was the crew lounge. The turkeys broke his camera and spoke to him in a very demeaning way. He did get the turkey's employee number and will be filing a complaint.
HA!! :-D x 1000

#324225  by sixty-six

I heard that 7 Train is going to start a thread about his visit to Ramsey. "STALKED BY TURKEYS". The turkeys apparently told him he couldn't take pictures and then threw him out of the deadhead car while he was trying to explain to them that that car was the crew lounge. The turkeys broke his camera and spoke to him in a very demeaning way. He did get the turkey's employee number and will be filing a complaint.

Ah the owl images. Is there anything they cant do?

#324226  by jb9152

wpdj61 wrote:I heard that 7 Train is going to start a thread about his visit to Ramsey. "STALKED BY TURKEYS". The turkeys apparently told him he couldn't take pictures and then threw him out of the deadhead car while he was trying to explain to them that that car was the crew lounge. The turkeys broke his camera and spoke to him in a very demeaning way. He did get the turkey's employee number and will be filing a complaint.
Cripes, that's too funny....Happy Thanksgiving to all!!!

#324227  by Mister Midtown

"Ladies and gentlemen, please report suspicious turkeys to 1-888-TIPS-NJT. Thank You."

This is what happens when we leave the dugout door open.

If the Peabody Hotel in Memphis can host ducks, then the Route 17 train station should have turkeys. ;-)

#324230  by sixty-six

"PLEASE WATCH/FOR WILD TURKEYS/WHEN LEAVING/THE TRAIN"

I can so see that becoming a new display on the anunciators. Haha :P

#324234  by Uzi-Cat

I get it now! NJT Management has now found a new way to spy on T&E crews. These turkeys are merely camouflage for Trainmasters. The trainmasters can stand amongst the turkeys and not be seen as they look for trainmen not hitting the platform, not wearing their hats, not wearing their ties, having the wrong color socks on and all the other great things of importance that trainmasters look for. There is no easy way to identify the trainmasters when they are amongst the turkeys. Everything kind of blends. We are all in for it now.

#324241  by Mister Midtown

wpdj61 wrote:I get it now! NJT Management has now found a new way to spy on T&E crews. These turkeys are merely camouflage for Trainmasters. The trainmasters can stand amongst the turkeys and not be seen as they look for trainmen not hitting the platform, not wearing their hats, not wearing their ties, having the wrong color socks on and all the other great things of importance that trainmasters look for. There is no easy way to identify the trainmasters when they are amongst the turkeys. Everything kind of blends. We are all in for it now.
We have gone from the Predator to turkeys. They're so tricky!

For the laypeople reading this thread, the dugout is NJT parlance for the trainmaster's office in Hoboken Terminal.

#324248  by Uzi-Cat

We have gone from the Predator to turkeys. They're so tricky!
I figured for Thanksgiving I would use that animal in question instead of the usual animal metaphors.

Platform RAT.... etc... and so on and so on....

#324314  by M&Eman

We all know that turkeys are foamers. they probably wanted to go trainspotting.

#324353  by sixty-six

OH MY GOD! :-D

One of em is on the yellow line...tsk tsk tsk.

#324411  by Steve F45

wonder if they were going to question 7 train for him takin pics lol

#324451  by boxcar

I think "THE SHERIFF" would stand out!! Thank you wpdj61 for that one.
The Mumbler and I will give you a wake up call on Saturday AM.

see ya, Boxcar