Railroad Forums 

• Photo request for interior of RDC

• Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.
Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

#1461990  by DutchRailnut

they had same seats as today's bombardier push-pulls
3 and 2 seating.
 #1462030  by brettj22

I'm sure one of the members of the group can chime in with more about where on MNRR this one ran, but this is the interior of Conway Scenic RDC #23, which according to a short history provided for a 2013 Boston and Maine RR Historical Society flyer, this was #18 on MNRR. Not sure if it was WOH though.
 #1462577  by Ridgefielder

brettj22 wrote:I'm sure one of the members of the group can chime in with more about where on MNRR this one ran, but this is the interior of Conway Scenic RDC #23, which according to a short history provided for a 2013 Boston and Maine RR Historical Society flyer, this was #18 on MNRR. Not sure if it was WOH though.
Been a long time, obviously, but I don't remember the Budd cars having seats like that. In my memory they were vinyl-upholstered walkover benches like on the ACMUs and the NJT Jersey Arrows.
 #1462580  by DutchRailnut

you never saw these RDC's, unless you took a ride on port jervis line .
 #1462584  by nomis

Mod Note: Moved to NJT Forum for more broadcast coverage, with a shadow topic left in Metro North.
 #1463653  by BuddR32

Ridgefielder wrote:
brettj22 wrote:I'm sure one of the members of the group can chime in with more about where on MNRR this one ran, but this is the interior of Conway Scenic RDC #23, which according to a short history provided for a 2013 Boston and Maine RR Historical Society flyer, this was #18 on MNRR. Not sure if it was WOH though.
Been a long time, obviously, but I don't remember the Budd cars having seats like that. In my memory they were vinyl-upholstered walkover benches like on the ACMUs and the NJT Jersey Arrows.
Probably some rebuild by MTA-MN these are the same seats from the M1-M6