Railroad Forums 

• QR Code on Tickets

• Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.
Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

#1327216  by quadrock

Not sure if anyone has noticed this, but NJ Transit seems to have slightly redesigned the look of their rail tickets. My tickets to and from New York Penn that I printed out last Friday have a QR code on top. I tested scanning these with the QR reader at the faregates in Secaucus and they worked to open the gate. This will be nice for those with monthly tickets as it will negate the need to take the ticket out of it's wallet or holder as long as the QR code is visible.
 #1327264  by jamesinclair

This has been the case for a few months. You no longer insert the tickets at the airport monorail but scan them.

The only time in the past 3 months in which I got old ticket stock was a ticket to Philadelphia
 #1327287  by Roadgeek Adam

jamesinclair wrote:This has been the case for a few months. You no longer insert the tickets at the airport monorail but scan them.

The only time in the past 3 months in which I got old ticket stock was a ticket to Philadelphia
Same. That's been the only time aside of Lincoln Park on 3/8/15, and I first noticed when in New Providence on 3/9/15.
 #1327762  by philipmartin

As a ticket agent I'm glad to know that it actually works. I understand that the plan is to eventually eliminate the magnetic strip on the back of tickets.