Railroad Forums 

• Secaucus Transfer Bus Transfer Only Exit

• Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.
Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

#8875  by metroduff

Is there any truth to a discussion a friend of mine overheard which says that once the Secaucus Transfer NJTurnpike exit is open, that all buses will terminate there?

#8883  by DutchRailnut

no njt rail simply does not have the capacity to move all those passengengers too

#8914  by SemperFiSep11

I've heard that it will be a stop for all buses, but I doubt that they will all terminate there. It would seem a logical terminus for most buses as the real delays begin at the Lincoln Tunnel and the trains don't have to deal with that mess.

#9534  by drewh

Rush hour buses have special lane into the city. No delays there, I did it daily for 2 years.

However many delays were on the TPK up to the toll at 16E. Same problems would be for getting to Sec JCT. Once the buses got thru the toll at 16E it was less than 15 mins to the gate at PABT. I can't see transferring to trains at Sec JCT any faster than that. Someone may save time if they work closer to NYP than PABT.

#9541  by Irish Chieftain

Explain what you mean by "all buses", all NJ Transit interstate and intrastate routes? or merely all buses that currently run into the PABT.

No matter what the concept in your head is, rest assured that Secaucus Junction will never, ever be a large-scale bus terminal. It is and will continue to be served by local buses, however.