Railroad Forums 

• How would River Line cars look in classic paint schemes?

• Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.
Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

#8857  by kevikens

I agree. I loathe NJT's paint schemes, especially the black and white effect. That made even the Newarks PCC's look ugly and it's hard to do that. I'd love to see something like Conn. does with its commuter lines, the retro New Haven look. NJT should paint its locomotives and cars in its predecessor colors so that once again we can see Brunswick Green motors pulling Tuscan Red coaches. As for the RiverLINE I'd be thankful for anything other than NJT's current bland look.
 #8920  by transit383

kevikens wrote:I agree. I loathe NJT's paint schemes, especially the black and white effect. That made even the Newarks PCC's look ugly and it's hard to do that. I'd love to see something like Conn. does with its commuter lines, the retro New Haven look. NJT should paint its locomotives and cars in its predecessor colors so that once again we can see Brunswick Green motors pulling Tuscan Red coaches. As for the RiverLINE I'd be thankful for anything other than NJT's current bland look.
The River LINE paint scheme is amazing, compared to the current minimal paint scheme on the other rail equipment. Imagine the River Line cars with the thin orange, pink, and blue stripes spanning the car.... it would look similar to SEPTA's new paint scheme on their buses. This scheme can be viewed in this photo. I like the blue window band and yellow door outline on the unwrapped River Line cars and the NCS/HBLRT scheme isn't bad either.

#9297  by Irish Chieftain

"Alternate" paint jobs would, of course, not be approved of nor be instituted by the operator nor the entity that issued the contract to the operator (however, I don't recall who was responsible for painting Los Angeles MTA LRTs into "Pacific Electric" Red Car colors). Generally, if people want to see paint jobs of classic trolley/RR operators on modern rolling stock, they have to approach the operating agencies of these vehicles and put up their own money to do it; unless, of course, like ConnDOT has done with the New Haven "McGinnis" scheme, they adapt a "classic" railroad paint scheme and logo as their own...