Railroad Forums 

Discussion relating to the past and present operations of the NYC Subway, PATH, and Staten Island Railway (SIRT).

Moderator: GirlOnTheTrain

#482317  by janiszak

I found out from the DCAS that I'm 1485 on the list for t/o o/c, and that I'm on an "outstanding certification." After asking NYC Transit Employment Center what that meant I was told I should be receiving a letter of notification for a position. Does anyone know how long I can expect to wait for this letter?

#483100  by DOB2RTO

I'm waiting myself, and I'm list #1341. I was told by a T/O on another site, that possibly within 3 months, I should be in there. I am a MaBSTOA B/O already for the system, so I can call the direct employment #, and find out how long it will be before those letters may arrive. I had to take it on the O/C also, as I was not an employee at the time the test came out. Hopefully it will be in less than 3 month. Rumor has it they need people badly. Also, everyone called will not be qualified, some won't accept the job, pass the tests, pass the background check, some will fail the drug test, fail the medical, and some who pass this stuff won't pass probation, or even the first few weeks. Some will get terminated (MTA asks them to resign usually), and some will just not like the job once they do it.

When I got called for B/O, they called 150+, which only 52 qualified. This wasn't even being hired yet, just the application process and background check. When I graduated, we had only 37 left in my class. The criteria, for B/O is alot less than T/O. I expect them to go through more for T/O (possibly 200), to get the same amount of people for B/O. Some who applied think they will slip through the system without their past being unveiled. They will get caught at the beginning, or during their employment. If you get found out during your employment, you get fired, and there is nothing the union can do for you. This is just to show examples of how things work here at MTA, and we should be hearing from them soon.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed, and hoping by next month.

#484932  by Pelham

Right now they been trying to get classes of 80 with most going to B Div but its always gets downsized to 60 by the time they get done with school car.
Hopefully they will call you sooner but its will most likely be 3 Months and I'll tell you why. Two classes started in Nov. and they will be released in March (A) May (B). The TSS's have thier hands full with those classes and won't be available until Feb (A) April (B) they get off a month early because the students are Road posting during that time so they only need a handful of TSS's to do evaluations while the other are available for other assignments. When they call classes they like for both Div's to start at the same time unless they really need to push a class like they did with me. B Div needed people ASAP so instead of starting in April an having a choice of Div. I started with the first class in March everyone to the B Div.

#493523  by Pelham

It looks like they could be starting to call for medicals in Feb. they almost done with one of the B Div T/O classes.