Railroad Forums 

Discussion relating to the past and present operations of the NYC Subway, PATH, and Staten Island Railway (SIRT).

Moderator: GirlOnTheTrain

#120430  by rollotomasi

Fastest way to Yankee Stadium from DUMBO in Brooklyn between 5 & 7pm:

F to West 4th; then switch to the D?

A
to Columbus Circle, then the D?

A to 125th, then the D?

F south to downtown Brooklyn, then walk to the 4 train uptown?

2 from Clark Street to 145th, then the 4?

or something else?
Thanks
 #120508  by Allan

rollotomasi wrote:Fastest way to Yankee Stadium from DUMBO in Brooklyn between 5 & 7pm:

F to West 4th; then switch to the D?

A
to Columbus Circle, then the D?

A to 125th, then the D?

F south to downtown Brooklyn, then walk to the 4 train uptown?

2 from Clark Street to 145th, then the 4?

or something else?
Thanks

Rollo,

Is this a weekday or weekend trip?

It is hard to say which is the best. A lot depends on the closest station to you.

If it is a weekday trip to the Stadium then the D won't help in the Bronx because during evening rush the D is express in the Bronx. 161st St is a local stop. You would need the B at 145th St.

The 2 doesn't stop at 145th St. I think you mean 149th St-Grand Concourse. I would not recommend this because by the time you get to 149th-GC the 4 would be extrememly crowded. If you wanted to use the 2 or 3 from Clark St go in the other direction one stop to Borough Hall. Use the passageway at the end of the upstairs platform to the 4. There are less stops in Manhattan on the 4 but the line gets crowded.

If High St is closer then use the A to Columbus Circle (or 125th St) then change for the D (or the B).

If the York St Station is closer then take the F to Bleecker (or W4 if you prefer) for the D. If it is rush hour take the D and then wait for the B at 145th St.

Whatever you decide to do enjoy the game.
 #120816  by rollotomasi

Allan wrote:If it is a weekday trip to the Stadium then the D won't help in the Bronx because during evening rush the D is express in the Bronx. 161st St is a local stop. You would need the B at 145th St.

The 2 doesn't stop at 145th St. I think you mean 149th St-Grand Concourse. I would not recommend this because by the time you get to 149th-GC the 4 would be extrememly crowded. If you wanted to use the 2 or 3 from Clark St go in the other direction one stop to Borough Hall. Use the passageway at the end of the upstairs platform to the 4. There are less stops in Manhattan on the 4 but the line gets crowded.

If High St is closer then use the A to Columbus Circle (or 125th St) then change for the D (or the B).

If the York St Station is closer then take the F to Bleecker (or W4 if you prefer) for the D. If it is rush hour take the D and then wait for the B at 145th St.
It's nearly equal distance to the York St. F and the High St A. Seems like the A would be best (weeknights, BTW), because it involves only one transfer at 145th street. Adding a second transfer would just take too much time. If I was in Downtown Brooklyn already, I'd just hop on the 4, but I'm likely coming from DUMBO most of the time. Thanks!

#123085  by matt1168

I'd take the (A) to Broadway-Nassau and just hop on the (4) to Yankee Stadium. The A->4 transfer is a bit long, but the (4) ride upto 161st will be quicker than all those transfers and the slow (D) ride up the CPW express.