Railroad Forums 

Discussion relating to the operations of MTA MetroNorth Railroad including west of Hudson operations and discussion of CtDOT sponsored rail operations such as Shore Line East and the Springfield to New Haven Hartford Line

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, nomis, FL9AC, Jeff Smith

#884339  by Chanman

Kudos to Metro North, hopped on the 10:22 this morning out of New Haven,the train where I was (in the last car), was pretty much empty had an entire car to myself all the way down albeit we only stopped at Bridgeport and 125th, but he hustled us into GCT 10 minutes early. Reading these few posts and looking out my window I'm glad my parents told me to leave when I did.
 #884341  by DutchRailnut

They don't start themselfs and MofE does not start till after 6pm.
 #884363  by Clean Cab

Its a double edged sword. MN wants to provide train rides for all, yet they don't want to keep running trains until they become disabled by the snow. That's the BIG mistake they made in 1996.
 #884371  by RearOfSignal

It's official, http://www.mta.info/supplemental/mnr/mn ... _info.html. Sunday schedule on Monday, 12/27/10.
On Monday, December 27th Metro-North will operate a regular Sunday schedule on the Hudson, Harlem and New Haven lines due to the blizzard. See a current October 17 timetable or view our schedules page for details on train times.

Customers should listen for station announcements, and use caution getting on and off of trains. Please continue checking this website for updates.

West-of-Hudson Customers: On Monday, December 27, NJ TRANSIT will operate on an Enhanced Weekend Schedule. To plan a rail trip, use January 17 as your travel date in the trip planner at http://www.njtransit.com
 #884408  by Clean Cab

As of 8:00 PM, not looking good. Lots of trains running very late, door problems, switch problems and the snow is really piling up. Looks like it will be a looooooooooooooong night!!
 #884419  by truck6018

DutchRailnut wrote:as for workers, don't worry we will show up tomorrow ;-)
we got to bridge holidays to get them paid LOL.
Worked Thursday (bridge on front side), worked Friday and Saturday, worked today (Sunday, bridge on the back side). Monday and Tuesday rest days. I love it when a plan comes together!
 #884457  by truck6018

RearOfSignal wrote:I wouldn't mind getting bumped right now... And take my 48.
One never gets bumped when they really want to. Well, at least I don't. But you do have to be careful what you wish for.
 #884500  by Tommy Meehan

Clean Cab wrote:Lots of trains running very late, door problems, switch problems and the snow is really piling up.

The combination of heavy snow and wind gusting up to 50 mph is a bad bad combination. :(
 #884509  by milkyoreo27

I'm writing this from the 11:22pm express out of gct. We were delayed out of gct, and became the 11:40pm local. Two hours later, we were stuck right before Pelham. We are now heading back on the train back to gct to apparently switch to a diesel loco train
 #884523  by HBLR

Everyone should be inside with food and at least water and a blanket or something if they are stuck at an office, people should not be attempting travel till they have everything sorted out.
 #884527  by milkyoreo27

The New Haven-bound bomb train ran smoothly on the New Haven Line, Metro North did an amazing job working out the line, and the train crew kept passengers well notified.

We were stopped right before Pelham due to a train that wouldn't move.
 #884528  by DutchRailnut

http://www.mta.info/
New Haven and Danbury/waterbury/New Canaan suspended.
Harlem/Hudson/Port Jervice limited service.
I made it 1/2 mile from my home before car got stuck in snow drift, due to budget cuts local towns are not plowing.
 #884529  by RearOfSignal

On the news, they showed Rye station, the snow was about 2/3 of the way up the platform from the tracks.