Railroad Forums 

Discussion relating to the operations of MTA MetroNorth Railroad including west of Hudson operations and discussion of CtDOT sponsored rail operations such as Shore Line East and the Springfield to New Haven Hartford Line

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, nomis, FL9AC, Jeff Smith

#1466161  by nomis

Mod Note: I split apart the livery posts for the new paint scheme for Locomotives and coaches into this thread: CT rail "xbox" Livery. Please post your thoughts on the scheme there.
 #1466537  by granton junction

I do not get up to Connecticut to see the SLE service (New Haven - New London) frequently, but I would like to get some pix of the diesel trains on the SLE service. What is the status of this line so far as motive power that is currently used? Is there a plan to use MUs for this service eventually, and what would be the timeline for this? Thanks.
 #1466559  by DutchRailnut

yes they eventually will use MU's (m-8's) when ?? should have been 3 years ago.
Prognosis, if and when Amtrak accepts m-8's, and if when the M-8's get full update on ACSES PTC system.
 #1469843  by DutchRailnut

next unit is shipped, only 16 more to go.
 #1470503  by nomis

6695 is the unit mentioned that shipped. Haven’t seen picture/video proof however.
 #1470649  by ebtmikado

CSX is currently moving it on its quickest route between the midwest to Springfield:
Indiana-Selkirk-Atlanta-Mobile-Jacksonville-Selkirk-Springfield.
Delivery is promised before Christmas, but no year specified.
 #1480339  by DutchRailnut

end of era, start of error .
 #1487923  by jt42cwr

So, I've seen photos of 6694, 6695, 6698 in the new livery. 6699 reported as back from rebuild.

What's the current status of 6696 & 6697?