Railroad Forums 

• F40PH-2C & F40PHM-2C "Rebuilds" Discussion

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

#1068863  by ck4049

Ive noticed a BIG mistake in the paint job: The purple band toward the rear is way too wide and up towards the front the bottom one is too narrow!
 #1068873  by SM89

ck4049 wrote:Ive noticed a BIG mistake in the paint job: The purple band toward the rear is way too wide and up towards the front the bottom one is too narrow!
Idk about that. It looks the same as the others when I did a google image search.
 #1068935  by ck4049

SM89 wrote:
ck4049 wrote:Ive noticed a BIG mistake in the paint job: The purple band toward the rear is way too wide and up towards the front the bottom one is too narrow!
Idk about that. It looks the same as the others when I did a google image search.
Look at the nose(just in case you didnt know, it is the front part of the locomotive). See how the bottom yellow stripe is halfway down the ditchlights(the two lower-front lights that blink)? Redo the google search then come back and tell me about the results. Id be THRILLED to hear how everything is the identical twin of that. Good day.
 #1068940  by BostonUrbEx

CK's right on this one. Though I don't understand the snappy response??? The bottom yellow line of the "rear" part of the 'lightning bolt' is to be the same height as the top yellow line of the "front" of the bolt. The top yellow of the front of the bolt should wrap over the front lights (on the purple "bra"), meaning the last bit of purple should be as high as the top of light. But only the top of the yellow reaches as high as the top of the light. Other than that, everything is correct, thus the front portion is skinny and the rear is wide. Compare the "bra" of 1066 with any other F40.

It's definitely a mere A cup, whereas the others are definitely sporting a B cup. :P

EDIT: Here's 1066 now, compare with F40 image: http://www.easternrailroadnews.com/wp-c ... mPhoto.jpg
 #1068954  by sery2831

The paint is definitely off, but it's very slight. The one thing that stands out to me is that he horns are painted black. That old scheme had black horns, but this scheme has silver horns.
 #1068965  by SM89

I see it now. I was looking for something more substantial before. Hopefully it looks ok when pulling a coach since the purple stripes are supposed to match up.