Railroad Forums 

• Wrecked MBTA Commuter Rail Equipment

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

#1425601  by MBTA3247

I seem to recall seeing one of the locomotive. If you dig through the NTSB archives, you might be able to find the report on the wreck, which would undoubtedly include photos.
 #1425693  by CRail

I always heard stories about the locomotive coming through the street above, but only recently saw a picture of the hole in the pavement (maybe 1-2 square feet). I have no idea where I saw it, maybe on Facebook.
 #1425837  by Arborwayfan

I bought an extra Herald or Globe that day (at Charles St. Station); they both put out extras, the only time I can remember. I think the one I bought had the picture on the front page; it was basically a single sheet about the wreck wrapped around the regular edition of the paper. Only time I ever saw an extra paper. I wonder if I still have it in a box someplace.
 #1436028  by nomis

viewtopic.php?f=65&t=152589&start=600#p1354432" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
RenegadeMonster wrote:What happened at Southampton Street and how much damage does 1812 have?.