Railroad Forums 

• Feds announce more concerns about DNC attacks

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

#33297  by Ron Newman

Yawn. I'm getting very tired of Republicans who want us all to live in fear.

#33311  by Robert Paniagua

Yeah I know, Ron.

Face it my friend, even though I'm in Holbrook (Baird & Mcguire), I will still ride the Red Line to work that week (unless its cancelled since its at the Saltonstall Building-100 Cambridge Street, and that's a satellite of the Statehouse). I will also ride even if TPD is scrutinizing bags, since I already have experience with that at the Abington Fireworks.

So I'll be taking this whole DNC and RNC-NYC mess in stride.....

#33325  by BC Eagle

There's a difference between living in fear, and living in reality. The truth is that these people mean to do us harm. In 2001, we weren't remotely ready for the kind of attack they perpetrated. Hopefully, now we are ready, atleast somewhat. I'm no fan of the current administration, but if something were to happen, you can't say they didn't warn us.

#33343  by RailBus63

The current 'warnings' are bordering on useless ... it's like the story of the boy who cried wolf. Nobody pays attention to these alerts anymore.

I'm not saying that citizens should do nothing - far from it. We all need to be vigilant. But the government simply has to devise a better way to develop a more savvy populace that knows when something is wrong. These vague warnings that tell us on one hand that something terrible might happen, but on the other hand to go about our daily lives and not get too worried about it are just not working.

Look at what's happening in the railfan world. We've all read stories about railfans being confronted by police after being reported by passengers and employees for taking photographs. But does anyone really believe that a terrorist is going to risk detection by photographing an intended target? Telling people 'If you see something, say something' is not enough, because some people will see bogeymen lurking behind every station pillar. Passengers should be advised what types of behaviors are suspicious and waht are not. And employees should be worried less about railfans with cameras (any engineer or conductor who's been working more than a few months has undoubtedly seen railfans before) and more about people on the right-of-way. I'm more concerned about the damage that could be caused by a phony signal maintainer in an official looking truck than from someone taking pictures from a public platform.

JD