Railroad Forums 

• 2018 Commuter Rail Delay Thread

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

#1475422  by rmccown

rmccown wrote:Yet again, 406 was about 12 minutes late getting into North Station. I think that's seven out of the last 9 days we've been at least 10 minutes late.
Not that anyone cares except me, but we're at 11 our of 14 work days being at least 10 minutes late. Today was 20. I get on in Littleton, and the train got there 13 minutes late today, and lost *more* time on the way in.
 #1475473  by Hoopyfrood

There was also an odd delay on 404, it stopped at Waltham to drop passengers after "shenanigans" at Fitchburg Station. It was only a few minutes late despite that, though, maybe 5 getting through the normal stops and less than 10 to Porter.
 #1475556  by sonicdoommario

Looks like a quadruple whammy with 821 tonight. Late getting to South Station (gets into South Station as train 824, 3:02PM inbound), is short a car (normally an 8-car train), was passed by the train behind it, 823, and apparently dies and has to terminate at Providence, with 825 having to carry its passengers down to Wickford Junction.
 #1475916  by Diverging Route

There was an "unruly psgr" at Lowell this morning according to the station displays. I'm unsure of the details as to how it unfolded, but the result was that 300's equipment/crew ran on 302's schedule. 302's inbound equipment/crew originated at North Billerica and ran on 300's schedule, but 25 minutes late.

As 300's set is a 4R, so it was SRO at Anderson and things got even more crowded at the three Ws inbound.
 #1476501  by Dick H

A three alarm fire on West Main St. in Ayer has the Fire Department stopping all train movements
through Ayer until further notice at 2:45PM 6/17. Fire is in an apartment house. I have been
unable to determine how the rail line is effected. Fire address is 10 West Main St.
 #1476852  by KevinSun242

421 was delayed by 15-20 minutes leaving North Station today. From the sounds on the conductor's radio, sounded like a brake pressure problem and/or someone forgot to release a handbrake.