• Remembering the 01400s

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

by Red Wing

I don't think that the T will ever do anything like New York and save old equipment to run every once in awhile. Though that would be wicked cool.
  by Robert Paniagua

Yes, it would be! I like when New York City Subway would run its R1-R9 trains. Upohere in Boston, they DID run historical equipment on the Red Line including the Osgood-Bradley 0700s until they were replaced by the former Orange Line 01100s in 1983. Both kinds of car classes were used as the Red Line's Work Car fleet
  by Robert Paniagua

I understand that the 01400s have been moved back to Cabot Yard as part of the scrap train with other 015/01700s recently after being at Codman for 8 years
  by R36 Combine Coach

Any parts value in them for museums?
  by BowdoinStation

I think it's great the NYC Subway preserves and takes their old equipment out for a spin once and a while for special events and such.

Although about a 99.99992% chance of this not happening, It would be great to see the MBTA preserve some of their transit history and find a way (grant $$$??) to restore the four 01400's to operation, save a set of 01500's/01600's, and save a set of the Hawker-Siddeley Orange Line cars. Run them Sunday mornings, when ridership is lighter when nothing huge is going on & bring them out for noteworthy special events..

Just an idea.. :wink:
  by BowdoinStation

Well at least the 01450 & 01455, live on at Seashore!
  by MBTAVideoClips

Yep! My friend was there today.