Railroad Forums 

• Does anyone know where I can get a copy of this book???

• Discussion related to DC area passenger rail services from Northern Virginia to Baltimore, MD. Includes Light Rail and Baltimore Subway.
Discussion related to DC area passenger rail services from Northern Virginia to Baltimore, MD. Includes Light Rail and Baltimore Subway.

Moderators: mtuandrew, therock, Robert Paniagua

#266470  by Kryptic

Stanley N. Allan (SA), For the Glory of Washington: A Chronicle of Events Leading to the Creation of a System-wide Architectural Concept for the Design of the Washington Metro Stations, December 1965-November 1967 (Chicago: Harry Weese Associates, 1994).

And can you tell me if it is worth the trouble to find it. It has many tantelizing references in other materials on Metro, so it looks to be worht the trouble.

Thanks

K
 #266623  by Sand Box John

"Kryptic"

Stanley N. Allan (SA), For the Glory of Washington: A Chronicle of Events Leading to the Creation of a System-wide Architectural Concept for the Design of the Washington Metro Stations, December 1965-November 1967 (Chicago: Harry Weese Associates, 1994).

Your description reads the same as what I found searching the Library of Congress Online Catalog.

And can you tell me if it is worth the trouble to find it. It has many tantelizing references in other materials on Metro, so it looks to be worht the trouble.

Don't know where you are posting from, You might check with your public library and or nearby big city public library to see if they might have a copy. If all else fails you can visit the Library of Congress and have a look at their copy.