Railroad Forums 

Discussion related to commuter rail and rapid transit operations in the Chicago area including the South Shore Line, Metra Rail, and Chicago Transit Authority.

Moderators: metraRI, JamesT4

#1231326  by doepack

Metra's "early quit" schedules are out, with the usual service patterns as always; but I did notice that the Rock is running a couple of early afternoon main line expresses to Joliet, with only one PM rush cancellation. Are they running one or two of those back downtown for the rest of the rush?
 #1231400  by metraRI

MX1 (1:25 Extra) will deadhead back to LaSalle and turn to #411 (4:35 Regular). MX3 (2:10 Extra) will deadhead back to LaSalle and turn to #413 (4:57 Regular).
 #1231469  by doepack

Thanks. According to my ETT (dated 4/3/11) there's four existing deadheads in the afternoons from Blue Island, and I was wondering about possible congestion with the addition of more from Joliet, which is why I asked. But after taking a closer look, it doesn't look like a problem (at least on paper), as long as there's no delays, of course...
 #1231524  by metraRI

doepack wrote:Thanks. According to my ETT (dated 4/3/11) there's four existing deadheads in the afternoons from Blue Island, and I was wondering about possible congestion with the addition of more from Joliet, which is why I asked. But after taking a closer look, it doesn't look like a problem (at least on paper), as long as there's no delays, of course...
RI still has plenty of capacity for additional trains. DH2 will probably be able to squeeze in front of #6132, arriving at LaSalle before 3:45. It gets a little tricky with DH4, following #420 out of Joliet, it will probably pass it enroute to arrive at LaSalle before 4:30.