Railroad Forums 

• NYSW - Southern Tier East

• Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.
Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, NJ Vike

#316807  by ricebrianrice

I believe since NS actually owns the track, and is leasing it to the Central NY Railroad, a subsidiary of the Delaware & Otesgo, which is the parent of NYS&W, Norfolk Southern would take control it.

Confusing huh.
 #316929  by Steve F45

SecaucusJunction wrote:If the NYSW goes out of business... who will get control of the Southern Tier east of Binghamton?
why would you ask this question? Do you know something or have heard something?

#316945  by amoreho1

i dont think anythings gonna happen with nysw any time soon
 #317412  by n01jd1

SecaucusJunction wrote:If the NYSW goes out of business... who will get control of the Southern Tier east of Binghamton?
I guess it would depend on what you mean by going out of business. If you mean WR sells his interest in the NYSW then I assume whoever buys that interest in the NYSW would continue to lease the Tier. Of course since CSX and NS a majority shareholders in DO, CSX and NS would have to approve of whoever would wish to buy out WR unless they were buying out WR themselves. Of course since there is no official word that WR intends to sell his interest in DO or the NYSW this whole discussion is nothing but rumours and speculation and I think the moderator should lock this thread.

#317432  by charlie6017

Locked it is..........

Any comments, please feel free to PM me and I can explain.