Railroad Forums 

• Official / Inspection Train

• Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.
Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, NJ Vike

#308530  by cjvrr

Group,

An office car train left Syracuse this morning headed for Binghamton and onward to New Jersey. Supposedly it will be a two day trip with NYS&W, CSX, and NS brass involved.

This info was reported by rbsd45 on the NYSW Yahoo Group.

So keep your eyes peeled

#308779  by markyk

the trip also had members of Conrail Shared Assets.........hmmmmmm, why would that be?

#308790  by wolfboy8171981

:P I Dont Know, But Conrail is owned 100% by both NS and CSX. Hmm

#308820  by GOLDEN-ARM

markyk wrote:the trip also had members of Conrail Shared Assets.........hmmmmmm, why would that be?

Foamers?.................. :P

#308843  by blockline4180

Word has it there will be some MAJOR changes coming to the NYSW in the next several months... I am not an employee of NYSW so I will refrain from comment or say anything specific in a public forum..

#308930  by Charlie7

Was this the train that came through Midland Park at around 11:00 Am today. There were three passenger cars in the consist.
 #308937  by JoeCollege

Charlie- if you saw a 3 passenger car train in the same time frame that a 3 car ocs was reported, odds are it's the same train, aren't they? Or are 3 car passenger trains pretty common on the Southern Div?

:wink:

Blockline, what's up with telling us changes are coming but you can't tell us? I'm honestly not flaming you here, but either they are and you know and want to show off your knowledge, or you have no clue and are posting to appear in the know. I've followed these boards long enough to know that you are an insightful and valued contributor, so I am really struggling to figure out why you'd post such a small tidbit with zero follow up. Obviously you are in the know to some extent, and fine, you don't want to give up a source. But I at least, if not others, would be interested in your speculation or thoughts on the future of NYSW in general or the Tier line.

#308944  by washingtonsecondary

There something happening here, what it is, aint exactly clear...

Its probably nothing. You know how railfans are. 1 tells 2. 2 Tells 50 etc, etc..

#308967  by Sirsonic

Blockline has received some sensitive information that may not yet be ready for public consumption. It relates to the operation of the NYS&W and his message should be regarded as a heads up to read between the lines of any future announcements about the doings of the NYS&W. Nothing bad for the operation of the NYS&W is being planned, just some possible changes.

#309074  by Steve F45

Sirsonic wrote:Blockline has received some sensitive information that may not yet be ready for public consumption. It relates to the operation of the NYS&W and his message should be regarded as a heads up to read between the lines of any future announcements about the doings of the NYS&W. Nothing bad for the operation of the NYS&W is being planned, just some possible changes.
sirsonic, just by posting that i think it will calm some people. I know when i first saw a message last night about "changes" alot of members of the one group got worried. Hopefully we'll here what those plans are soon.

#309110  by oibu

I don't know what is being discussed, I've heard rumors of everything from "good" to "VERY bad" to "just changes". Wait n see...
 #309172  by JoeCollege

My most sincere apologies to both Blockline and Charlie. I had forgotten the general principle that sarcasm and friendly teasing with a smirk don't translate well to the internet. I honestly wasn't trying to call anyone out into a flame war.

As I have been reminded elsewhere, railfanning 101 includes a unit on railroad rumours, and certainly as many of those we've heard and seen materialize, just as many, probably more, have evaporated!

As always it will be interesting to see what WR has up his sleeve. New power? New haulage agreements? All I know is there won't be any trains on the NYSW through the Chenango valley for a long time if ever! And the ghost of the Old Woman is fading in these parts too!

#309205  by CJPat

JoeCollege wrote:And the ghost of the Old Woman is fading in these parts too!
OK, you caught my curiosity. Time for a ghost story???

You can do it here or start a new thread.

#309227  by JoeCollege

CJPat wrote:

Just making a reference to time taking its toll on the remaining vestiges of the Ontario & Western that ran through parts of the same rural area of Central NY that the Utica Branch of NYSW served. That would be more than a different thread, it'd be a different forum!

Back to the Susquehanna, it will be quite interesting to see what happens on all the line over the next 3-5 years.

#309228  by Steve F45

JoeCollege wrote:
CJPat wrote:

Just making a reference to time taking its toll on the remaining vestiges of the Ontario & Western that ran through parts of the same rural area of Central NY that the Utica Branch of NYSW served. That would be more than a different thread, it'd be a different forum!

Back to the Susquehanna, it will be quite interesting to see what happens on all the line over the next 3-5 years.
so does anyone know what exactly might be happening?