Railroad Forums 

• MEC Somerset Branch - Current Activity?

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

#1046035  by trainsinmaine

I haven't been up in the Madison-North Anson area lately, and am wondering whether anything is going on on the Somerset (North Anson Industrial Track) north of the Madison mill. Is there still an occasional train to the old North Anson Reel/Cousineau mill, or is the track still lying there dormant?
 #1051031  by piker

Drove through N Anson yesterday and there are big piles of ballest stone stockpiled in Cousineau's yard with two loaded side dumps and several old center dumps on the south side of Union St. I couldn't see if they were loaded or numbers of the cars. I assume this is from the Emden quarry. No evidence of any rail work north of the river.