Railroad Forums 

• CABOOSE ALERT! 04-28-2012

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

#1041184  by deeptrax

Heads up, there is an SEPO headed north as of 1642 through CPF 219 in Arundel Maine. A BBCX red, white, and blue caboose is at the very back and there is some MOW equipment just before that. Going about 25 mph, so it should be at Rigby around 1720.
 #1042610  by jkrail

Greetings:
The caboose is following a Schnable car that is sitting up in Rigby as I type this message. The Schnable will pick up a load that is due to arrive by ship on May 11-12 and go to Greene ME. The is nothing in Greene ME. for large industry so I will bet it is headed to a paper mill on the Rumford Branch.

If anybody hears diffrent, please give a post and a heads up. I would love to photograph this move.

Thanks in advance...

Jerry Kelley
 #1042748  by CN9634

jkrail wrote:Greetings:
The caboose is following a Schnable car that is sitting up in Rigby as I type this message. The Schnable will pick up a load that is due to arrive by ship on May 11-12 and go to Greene ME. The is nothing in Greene ME. for large industry so I will bet it is headed to a paper mill on the Rumford Branch.

If anybody hears diffrent, please give a post and a heads up. I would love to photograph this move.

Thanks in advance...

Jerry Kelley
Just because there is nothing there doesn't mean it isn't going there! In fact, there is a large pit (Libby's pit) up the Rumford branch where they could offload. I believe PIKE industries owns it (Which isn't a small company). I have been told that it is going to Greene for offloading so I won't assume otherwise.