Railroad Forums 

• PAR Business Train (ST 100, 101, 102 & 103; PAR 1 & 2)

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

#675042  by MEC407

newpylong wrote:Supposedely there is a GTI passenger car inside Waterville, that isn't the 100 or 101. I have never been there or have no evidence to this though.
That was the 391. City Point RR Museum bought it.
 #675820  by jwhite07

Supposedely there is a GTI passenger car inside Waterville, that isn't the 100 or 101. I have never been there or have no evidence to this though.
That car is suspected to be ex-Maine Central business car #333. No photographic evidence has been offered up, but I have it on good authority that that is the car in question inside Waterville.
 #690087  by mec 381

I have been reading some of the forums about Pan Am to keep up with what they are doing. I am also a rail fan around Waterville, Me. Today a former shop employee told me that Pan Am is repainting its business cars! He said that one of the cars should be in the shop and when both are repainted, they will be going to Canada for awhile to be used for some event. Not sure what. At least the cars are finally getting repainted!
 #690110  by CN9634

It was reported on a group that the New Brunswick Southern was holding an excursion train with its consist of cars as well as two cars from a railroad state side. Hmm....
 #690276  by MEC407

Looks to me like it was probably one of the work train or wreck train cars.
 #690280  by MEC407

They still had the D&H when the train was 4-5 cars. With the D&H long gone, they have a lot fewer managers/customers/big-wigs, and a much smaller railroad... thus it probably made good financial sense to sell the "excess" cars.
 #690298  by bmcdr

Car 902 was a former MEC work service car and before that it was probably ex Bangor & Aroostook as MEC did not own any "American Flyer" cars and the B&M's were all sold to the Long Island RR in the late 50's. It was re-lettered for Springfield Terminal and was torched by vandals shortly after that.