Railroad Forums 

• Connecticut family charged with damaging PAR tracks

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

#1444927  by MEC407

I deleted the worst and most offensive comments, and I'll continue to do so if more are posted. Try to keep it civil, folks.
 #1445120  by Engineer Spike

I am just glad that no hazmat incident occurred. I have friends who work for Pan Am. It makes me glad that the incident caused no derailment. Forestville Lumber is a facing point switch. This means that a trainman could have been riding a car. If it derailed, he could have been thrown off. The car could have tipped over on him too.