Railroad Forums 

• PAR/Guilford 319 GP-40 Sighting

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

#1377330  by Mike16

Hi folks,

Caught this one headed southbound passing the Blue Seal company at the junction of I-89 and I-93 on Rte 3A last week.
It was around 4.45pm and moving at about 15mph.

It had total of 36 cars - 31 of which were grain consist.......

I've seen very small northbound trains on this line (about 5 - 6 cars) over the past few months as well.

Any one have an idea where this is coming FROM.....??
Where is it headed???

As I've posted before....I'm new to the area and still working on finding the best spots and traffic patterns.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks.
Cheers,
Mike
Southbound train just south of Concord, NH  Help??
Southbound train just south of Concord, NH Help??
Guilford GP-40.jpg (29.73 KiB) Viewed 3521 times
 #1377375  by BostonUrbEx

NA-1/NA-2. Departs Nashua Yard at least a couple times a week, switches out customers all the way to Concord, does a run-around, and switches a couple more coming south. I think most customers are served when running northbound.
 #1377397  by BowdoinStation

You may have seen the Ciment Quebec cars in a string of covered hoppers, since that is major contributor of local traffic on the line north of Manchester. I caught lengthy NA-1 last Wedneday (3/23) that was in the middle of a quadruple runaround in Concord. The runaround track is behind the Marshall's, Market Basket on Storrs Street in Concord, and it is not very long, so the Pan Am boys had some work to in order to head south. At Ciment Quebec in Bow, just south of the River Road Crossing, the connection to the main faces south, so that is how they push the cars into the Ciment Quebec plant. I later caught the NA-2 (Night crew) in Bow around 9:00 pm, on my way back from Manchester, and they were switching at Ciment Quebec. Happy Railfanning !
 #1378163  by NHV 669

Besides Bow/points south and NEGS territory north of Concord, who is actually served down in that area? The yard had a sole tank upon passing through last Saturday.

I noticed the string of storage? cars including the white Big G boxes are gone as well. They didn't spend very long in the area. I assume they were parked on the old Northern stub, as they were north of the shopping center, instead of an NA being run around with power I couldn't see.