• PAR Business Train (ST 100, 101, 102 & 103; PAR 1 & 2)

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

by gokeefe

Safetee wrote:2 car pas tag sale special going west through buckland at 08:45
Probably the sharpest quip ever posted to this thread ... thanks for the laugh. Image

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

by johnpbarlow

So the PAR 1 pocket OCS didn't go to the end of PAS track at RJ? Also, I don't think PAR 1 is outfitted with PTC - was a PTC equipped unit added to use the ~30 miles of CP track to turn the train? Thanks.
  by GuilfordRailSD45

OCS is back on the mainline today. It was reported heading West through Belgrade, ME at 12:10 PM on the FB group.
  by johnpbarlow

Word on Pan Am Railfans Facebook page is OCS in its full 4 car splendor spent the night at Ayer and is departing west for Mechanicville today at around 10AM to 11AM timeframe. An 8 car AAPRCO special of Private Varnish is departing Albany/Rennselaer today heading for Burlington VT but with a detour to Hoosick Jct on the VRS. I'm guessing the Amtrak pulled train will have to wye on PAS at Hoosick Jct. Wonder if these two trains will be meet?
  by NHV 669

The AAPRCO special just departed 20 minutes ago, I wouldn't bet on a meet. Supposedly a no on the wying, VRS 307 is coming down LHF. Crew is OD at 10 for the OCS.

Edit: OCS has departed Ayer at 1113.
Second Edit: AAPRCO special is already in Rutland as of 1215. Moving to BD tomorrow.
  by gokeefe

Safetee wrote:pas tag sale zephyr with dome in hand
#priceless Image

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

by johnpbarlow

Per Pan Am Railfans FB page, OCS crew is OD at 0800 at Mechanicville for the eastbound tour.

Afternoon update 9/28/20: apparently the OCS was turned by the local XO-1 crew but did not depart Mechanicville. So maybe tour is tomorrow?
  by neman2

They will just tell everyone they aren't going slow because of the track condition, it's so they can enjoy the beautiful foliage.
Last edited by MEC407 on Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: unnecessary quoting